Prologue 13: Rash Tactics!

Ciel's POV

After a while of running, we all ended up in the cafeteria. "Darn it! He's darting around everywhere!" Ace yelled.

"Heheheh! Catch me if you can, suckers!" Grim yelled out.

"Grim get down from there right now....Who am I kidding. He's not gonna listen to me."

"Kuh, getting on the chandelier is an underhanded move! We haven't learned the magic to fly yet..We need something to get up there, and also catch him....Ah, I've got it!" Deuce said, looking at Ace.

"We need to think of an idea.. Whoa, whoa, wait a sec! Why are you pointing your magic pen at me!?"

"I'll just throw you!"

"I've got a bad idea about this."

"You're joking!? Wooaaaahaa! Don't make me float! You're really going to throw me!? Knock it off!"

"Catch him, ya hear."

"How exactly is Grim gonna catch him-" Deuce had cut me off by saying.

"Take aim.. Fire!"

"AHHHHHHH!!" Ace was yeeted through the air towards the chandelier.

"Ffnnghaaaaaaa!???" Grim yelled. Once Ace had made contact the chandelier, It, Ace and Grim came crashing down."

"The cha-chandelier!"

Ace started coughing from the dust that came from the crash. "I can't believe it!"

"I-I think I over did it." I looked at Deuce. "You think!?"

"Are you... AN IDIOT!? We caught Grim but if the Headmaster finds out we busted the chandelier.." As if on cue, the headmaster appears out of nowhere.

"If I.. find out?"

"Ah.. Headmaster.."

'I swear he is everywhere.'

"Just~ What ~ exactly ~ ARE YOU ALL DOING???"

"Ffnyaa~ The room is spinning.."

"You weren't satisified with just damaging the statue so you decided to destroy the chandelier! This is the last straw. I will have all of you expelled!"

"Eeeeeeehhhh!!" Ace and Deuce yelled at the same time.

"Please! Anything but that! I have things I need to do at this school!"

"You have nothing to blame but your own idiocy.."

"I will pay for all damages if I have to!" Deuce told the headmaster.

"There is no normal chandelier. This is magical chandelier that uses candles that will burn for eternity. It is a masterpiece made by a legendary maester of magical tools. It has been entrusted to the school since its very foundation...Taking into consideration to its historical value, it would cost no less than a billion Madol. Can you pay for those damages?"

"A-A billion!" Both me and Deuce yelled.

"But, Teacher, can't you just fix it up with magic..." Ace ask.

"Magic is not all powerful. More importantly, the magic crystal, what we call the Heart of any magical tool was shattered. No two magic crystals are the same. The chandelier will never be lit again."

"Crap.. What am I doing.. What am I going to tell Mom..." Deuce said with concern written all on his face.

The headmaster snapped his fingers before saying. "That's right. There's one way. There might be one way to fix the chandelier."

"What?" Ace and Deuce said

"But didn't you just say-" The headmaster cut my sentence short. "The magic crystal for this chandelier was mined in the Dwarf's Mine. If we have a magic crystal of the same kind as the original, repairs might be possible."

"I will go find a magic crystal! Please, allow me to go!" Deuce yelled

"However, I have no guarantee that there are any left in the mine. The mine has been closed for a while and it's very possible it is exhausted of crystals."

"I'll do anything if if it means not to get expelled!"

"... Fine. I shall give you one night. Come to me with a magic crystal by tomorrow morning, or face expulsion."

"Yes! Thank you very much!"

"Uuuahh, I suppose. Let's go get that magic crystal and be done with it." Ace sighed.

"Use the Gate in the Mirror Chamber to go directly to Dwarfs' Mine."

"Yes, sir!" Deuce said then ran out towards the chamber.

"Ha! What not..? What exactly did I..." Grim stuttered out while regaining consciousness.

" You might've been happier staying unconscious." I said to Grim while picking him up and walking with Ace to the mirror chamber.

"Aaaah.. Why did it turn into something like this? Today is really not my day.." Ace said while standing in front of the mirror.

"Well we wouldn't have to be in this situation if you hadn't skipped out on cleaning in the first place." I said to Ace.

"Okay okay, no need to beat it into my skull." He said swatting his hand in the air as if trying to shoo me away.

"Now isn't the time for arguing! Let's go! Mirror, mirror on the wall! Light our way to Dwarfs' Mine!" Deuce said to the mirror of darkness. The mirror lit up for a moment before a bling white light flooded our vision.