Chapter 1: The Crimson Tyrant

Part 3: Scarlet Garden!

We had followed Ace and Deuce to the mirror chamber. They had brought us to a mirror with cards on it. The mirror then started to glow, when the glowing had died down we were outside in a garden. "Whoa~! This is super fancy! It's completely different from our dorm!" Grim said.

"We are still fixing ours." We walked further into the garden and ended up in a rose maze. "Oh, no. I gotta hurry and paint these roses red." We heard a voice say.

"Oh, someone's over there." Grim pointed to a rose bush. We walked over to the bush to see red paint cans on the ground next to an orange haired boy. "Whoa there~ If there are some left unpainted, it's off with my head." The boy said.

"I feel like I've seen this scenery somewhere..." I mumbled to myself. The boy then turned his attention to us. "Hm? Did you guys need something?"

"What're you doin'?" Ace asked.

"This? As you can see, I'm painting the roses red." The boy said.

"Eh!? Why do such a thing?"

"Hm~ Your reactions are so fresh it's kinda cute~!Now that I look at you closely, you guys are the freshies who totally wrecked the 10mil chandelier and caused a ruckus yesterday." The boy laughed.

"I feel like they won't let that chandelier thing go until we graduate..." Ace sighed.

The boy looked at Ace and grew a big smile. "And you're the super sinful kid who stole the Prefect's tart! I'm so lucky to meet the rumored freshies so early in the morning~♪ Hey, hey~! Let's take a pic together!" Before anyone of us could respond he took out his phone and took a picture. "Yay~!Hey, can I upload this? I wanna put hashtags so tell me your name."

"I'm Deuce Spade."

"Ace."

"I'm Grim and that's my follow-." Before Grim could finish, I cut him off.

"My name is Ciel. Its nice to meet you."

"Alright, upload done~♪Oh, I'm Cater Diamond, a 3rd year. That makes me your senior~ Call me Cater-kun, okay? Cate's fine, too~♡ Heya, heya~" Cater then turned to me. "Oh, you're the new prefect for Ramshackle Dorm! I'm surprised you can live in a place like that~! It's so dark, and I feel like something's gonna pop out~ I feel for ya, man~"

"This guy's being pretty rude." Grim stated.

"Oh, I shouldn't be standing here and talking! The party's the day after tomorrow. It's off with my head if I'm late. Hey, hey, freshies~ Can you help me with painting the flowers?" He asked pointing to the red paint cans next to the bush.

"Why're you doing somethin' so strange?" Ace asked.

"I mean, won't it be more photogenic if the roses were red for the party~? I'm really busy because I'm also in charge of coloring the flamingos for the croquet match~"

"Dyeing the flamingos?! That's a pretty weird job." Grim said.

"So, the tarts that Ace ate were to be used for the Prefect's birthday party? I see now. So that's why he was so mad..." Deuce trailed.

"What? That's not it." Cater said.

"It ain't?! Then whose birthday is it?" Ace asked visibly confused

"It's no one's birthday. The day after tomorrow is our Dorm's legendary Unbirthday Party. It's a tea party that the Prefect felt like doing, so he chose a day that doesn't fall on anyone's birthday."

"The hell's that!?" Ace asked.

"In any case, the reasons can wait! You just have to help me paint the roses! Deuce-chan and Grim-chan can use magic, right? Ace-chan and Ciel-chan can't use magic, so here's a paintbrush~" Ace and I took the brushes from Cater. "Ch-change the colors with magic, you mean...?" Deuce asked.

"I haven't done anything like that before, yanno."

"It's okay, relax~! We'll manage! We better hurry before the Prefect punishes us~" Cater said before pushing us towards the rose bush. "Alright, let's hurry and paint the roses red~! Not pink, not green, got it? I'm countin' on you to paint it a pretty red!"

"Geez, guess we can't say no... We just have to get this over with, right?" Ace said.

"I don't know if we can give satisfactory results, but I will do my best!" Deuce said.

"Somethin' like this's easy for someone like me!" Grim then turned to me and Ace. "You do your best, too, got it!" We all started painting the roses. After a while of painting Deuce spoke up. "It looks like it's going well."

"Alright, I'll end this all in one move! Wha–!?" Grim said, painting a couple of roses using his magic.

"This is how it's done, watch~!" Cater said while using his magic to paint more roses.

"Th-third years are amazing...!" Ace said in amazement.

" Alrighty, let's try again~ ♪" Cater said. We continued to paint the roses. After a while we took another break from painting. "Behold! I made them all red this time!" Grim said.

"Me, too." Deuce said.

"Amazing~! Just a little more practice and it'll be perfect~♪ It will be better if you imagine a red rose while you're casting your magic." Cater told Grim and Deuce with a smile. Deuce then closed his eyes and started mumbling. "I see. Red roses, red roses..."

Ace sighed and started frowning. "I wanna do magic, too!!"