Prologue 19: Reconsideration Miracle!

Ciel's POV

"Eh!? You really went to Dwarfs' Mine to find a magic crystal?" The headmaster said in disbelief.

"Eeeh!?"

"I really didn't think...You'd not only go but then come back with a crystal in hand. I quietly completed the paperwork for your expulsion."

"Nnga! The nerve of this guy! While we were off fighting some crazy beast!"

"Beast?"

"There was a monster there! It was super gross and crazy strong, it was awful!" Ace explained.

"Could you explain in more detail? Perhaps in my office." We then followed the headmaster to his office. Once we got there Ace explained everything to the headmaster.

"Hoh hoohh. A mysterious monster living in the coal mine. The four of you worked together to defeat it and bring back a magic crystal?"

"We didn't really work together..." Ace trailed off.

"It was more like our goals were aligned..."

"Ooh... Ooooh... OOOOOOOOHHH!!!! OOOOOOHHH!!" The headmaster then started crying.

"What's with this guy? Why is an adult bursting into tears!?"

"In all these years that I've been Headmaster...For the day to come that students from Night Raven College to go hand-in-hand to face and defeat their enemy!"

"What!? I did not hold this guy's hand!" Deuce pointed to Ace.

"I would never do that, gross! But Headmaster, how old are you!?"

"I am overwhelmed with emotion. This incident confirms it. Ciel. Without a doubt, you have talent as a beast tamer!" The headmaster exclaimed.

"Beast tamer!?" I asked.

"Students of Night Raven College are budding wizards called here by the Dark Mirror. However, they are of a superior class that makes them prideful and egotistical people that have not even the slightest inkling to work with others. Making many of them selfish and self-centered"

"You're really not saying anything good." Grim said.

"You cannot use magic. But, maybe, precisely because you cannot use magic means that you could give instructions to wizards and get them to cooperate. Perhaps that mediocrity is exactly what this school needs right now!"

"He's not saying anything nice is he!?" Ace asked.

"Ciel. I have no doubt that your existence is essential to the future of this academy. So says my educator-senses. Trappola, Spade. Along with rescinding your expulsion I shall give you the qualifications to attend Night Raven College as a student!"