Prologue 18: Tenacious Chase!

Ciel's POV

"We got the magic crystal! Let's skedaddle!"

"Roger!"

"That. Is... MINEEEEEEE!!!" We ran back to the cottage as the monster followed us. 

"You're kidding!? It knocked off all that stuff and came after us!" Ace yelled out.

"Uuuh... uuughhh...! Give... it ba...ck!!"

"Shoot, it's gonna catch up to us!" Deuce said speeding up a little.

"But it's weaker!" I said to them. we all stopped running to turn and face the monster.

"Aaah, fine! Let's finish it! Don't let me down, Mr. Serious!" Ace said to Deuce with smirk on his face.

"You, too!"

"I'll show off my true power!" Grim said. After a while, Grim, Ace, and Deuce had defeated the monster.

"We... did it?" Ace asked panting slightly.

"W-we won... We actually won!" Grim smiled.

"Hooray!"

"Victory high-five!"

"Yay" The three of them high-five. I smirked at the three of them.

"You're getting alone well now." I told them.

"...Ah. N-no. This is nothing like that!" Deuce defended.

"Y-yeah, yeah! Could you stop saying weird things?"

"W-we won, thanks to my genius! It's not because we pooled our strength!" Grim said. I raised my eyebrow.

"...I guess making excuses is pretty lame. I hate to admit it but we won thanks to your plan."

".. True. We got the magic crystal because you gave us level headed instructions. We can prevent our expulsion this way. ... I'm so relieved." Deuce sighed.

"Well I'm just glad everyone is alright" I said.

"Yeah, yeah. We're all relieved. And seriously worn-out and battered. Let's go home."

"I'm starving from using so much magic...Hmm? What's this?" Grim asked picking up a black gem off the ground.

"Remnents from that monster? A magic crystal..? But I've never seen one pitch-black like coal before." Deuce said. Grim then started to sniff the black gem. "This thing smells really good.."

"No way!" Ace yelled in disbelief.

"This has to be candy the monster was hiding! Oooh, I can't hold back! Time to dig in!" Grim picked up the gem and eat it whole.

"He actually ate it!?" I asked no one in particular.

"Uuhh!!!!!"

"Hey, you alright!?" Deuce asked Grim.

"Aaah. That's why you don't eat things off the ground~"

"D...D-d-d-d-d... DELICIOUS!!"

"Wha!!?"

"Are you serious?" I asked him.

"It's full-bodied, but also rich, with an aromatic sweetness that blooms in my mouth...Like a whole field of flowers in my mouth!" 

"Bleeeeegh. Monsters really do have different tastes than us."

"... I guess so. But more than that...Most people wouldn't even put a mystery object in their mouth without a thought."

"But Grim is not 'most people.'" I told Deuce.

"Gahahaha! Tasty, tasty! Don't worry, my stomach isn't weak like yours."

"It's not that we have weak stomachs, it's that we don't eat random things off the ground." I told him.

"Don't come crawling to me when you get sick later." Ace said crossing his arms.

"Switching gears, let's get this magic crystal to the headmaster!"

We then headed off back to the school to give the crystal to the headmaster.