♛ ARRIVAL ♛

It had been a little over a month since the Triwizard Tournament had been officially announced to the students of Beauxbatons. Aurora had learned- through her twin brother Dante- that the Durmstrang Institute would also be in attendance. The siblings were ecstatic at this. They had always found it difficult going to separate schools, but now they would get to spend the whole year together.

So it was on October 30th that the Beauxbatons students arrived at Hogwarts. The girls all stood outside the huge stone castle shivering. They were not used to the cold weather. All of sixth and seventh year had come, as well as a few fifth years such Aurora herself and her cousin Blanca. The aforementioned stood next to Aurora with her shoulders hunched up to try and gain as much warmth as she could. She was quite tall, like the rest of her family, and had long raven hair that was always shiny, much to her cousin's annoyance. Both the girls were now shivering uncontrollably. They had been offered fur coats by who she assumed was a Hogwarts professor, but naturally, they refused. They looked to good in their silky blue dresses to cover them up with the frumpy fur jackets. The Beauxbatons students may have been freezing, but they were very, very stubborn. They would stand in the cold all night if they had to.

"Possiamo entrare?" (Can we go in yet?) a voice whined in Italian. Standing to the left, Aurora's cousin Blanca DeLuca was shaking rather violently. The two Italian girls never spoke in French to each other. Always in their native tongue. It reminded them of home.

"Te l'ho detto dieci minuti fa" (I told you ten minutes ago) Aurora grumbled "Dobbiamo aspettare l'arrivo degli studenti di Durmstrang prima di poter entrare!" (We have to wait for the Durmstrang students to arrive before we can go in!) Aurora then let out an involuntary shiver. A man to her left held out a fur coat, but she just straightened up and shook her head. She would not be caught dead  in one of those ghastly things. The man- who she assumed was a Hogwarts professor- looked at her like she was crazy before proceeding to attempt to hand out more of the itchy looking jackets.

"Dove diavolo è Durmstrang?" (Where the hell is Durmstrang anyway?) Blanca spoke up again. "Ovunque si trovino, se la prendono comoda". (Wherever they are they're taking their bloody time) Just as the words left Aurora's mouth, a strange noise could be heard coming from the Lake below Hogwarts. It sounded a bit like a plug being pulled from a bath. Blanca and Aurora turned around in confusion. The lake had begun bubbling. Then, what looked like a small whirlpool appeared. The two girls' brows furrowed. Just then, a wooden pole emerged from the water, closely followed by what looked like a sail. It was a ship. And a magnificent one at that. Aurora had thought Beauxbatons entrance was dramatic, but this overshadowed their flying horses. Once the whole ship was visible, Aurora quickly realised that there wasn't just one sail. There were about nine. Why someone needed nine sails she didn't know, but it was impressive either way. The ship glowed with light from the large windows and smaller portholes. The massive thing rocked from side to side as it made its way to the shore. Durmstrang had arrived.

As the Durmstrang students filed out of the boat, Aurora manoeuvred her way through the mass of bodies in search of her brother. She had not seen Dante since term began, although they had exchanged quite a few letters. It was hard having to be away from her twin for such long amounts of time. The two had a very close bond. So when summertime came they spent every waking hour together. Aurora was ecstatic at the thought of being able to spend the whole school year with Dante. If she could find him that is. There were so many people. of all different shapes and sizes. It was nearly impossible to pinpoint one person, especially someone as small as Dante amongst such large men. The girl was just about to give up hope, when she heard a familiar Italian accent calling out to her. "Aurora!" came the voice again, and she whirled around on the spot. Her face broke in to a grin of pure joy at the sight of her twin brother. "Dante!" she laughed as she ran towards him, not caring who she barged into. As soon as she was within arms reach, Dante enveloped Aurora into a warm hug. The younger twin buried her face into his shoulder, a smile still present on her face, which he was mirroring. They stayed like that for a good couple of minutes, each child glad to be back with their twin. Dante pulled away first, holding his sister at arms length, a grin still on his face. The likeness between the two was startling. They had the same heart shaped face, the same full lips. Not forgetting their dark brown hair and chocolate coloured eyes. "Mi sei mancata, sorellina". (I missed you little sister.) He whispered in their native tongue. Aurora smiled softly at the boy before pulling him into another hug. "Mi sei mancato troppo, fratello maggiore". (I missed you too big brother) she whispered back. Dante kissed her forehead and rested his chin on the top of her head. They would have stayed like that the whole night had it not been for both Madame Maxime and Karkaroff calling them over to their respective schools. With one last quick goodbye, they went their separate ways back to Beauxbatons and Durmstrang.