♛ SIRIUS AND LUCIANA ♛

Aurora walked alongside Dante as they wandered through the castle grounds. The two shared a comfortable silence. The twins didn't need to talk. Each one knew exactly what was going on in the other's head.

Aurora and Dante had hurriedly left the room when Madame Maxime began to shout. Neither one wanted to feel her wrath that night. They were both still reeling from the events of the last few hours. First, the Hogwarts students found out their true identities, and then they discovered that they were to compete against a fourteen year old boy in the Tri-Wizard Tournament. They had had quite enough surprises for one night. But luck seemingly wasn't on their side. For out of the shadows ran three figures.

"Aurora! Dante!" came the voice of Harry Potter. The twins whirled around, startled. The raven haired boy ran towards them, followed by a panting Hermione and the ginger boy from the Welcoming Feast. Once the three had caught their breath, Hermione looked up and stared Aurora dead in the eye. "Tojours pour." She had only spoken the words quietly but the effect was immediate. The twins looked like they had been slapped in the face. "What did you say?" Dante growled. Only members of the House of Black knew of those words, and Hermione Granger certainly wasn't one of them. "How did you know that?" Aurora's tone was softer, but it was laced with venom. The twins rarely spoke of their lineage. It was not that they were ashamed of it, but it was an uncomfortable topic. Aurora and Dante did not believe in the House of Black's ideas about blood purity, so their family history became a touchy subject, rarely spoken about.

"Sirius told us." the twins froze. Their father was a topic Aurora and Dante avoided completely, but not for the reasons you might think. The siblings knew their father was innocent. They did not have proof, but they both knew he was not a murderer. What the twins did not understand was why he abandoned them. He had two beautiful babies, yet he left them without a second thought and never returned. That was why they never discussed him.

"He's innocent." Harry stated and Aurora rolled her eyes.

"We know." she snapped. The ginger boy looked shocked.

"Then why haven't you gone looking for him then?" he asked incredulously.

"The question is," Aurora began harshly, "Why hasn't he come looking for us? Why has he been communicating with three random teenagers instead of his own children?" Hermione and the ginger boy gaped. "You're his kids?" he shouted. Dante scoffed.

"He didn't even mention us." Tears pricked Aurora's eyes. She had always tried to tell herself that her father did care about them. That last bit of hope she had been clinging onto disintegrated. She bowed her head. Her heart broke in that moment.

"Actually, he did." Aurora's head snapped up at Harry's words. That little bit of hope returned once again, and she clung tightly to it. The boy wordlessly handed the twins a letter. On the front, in messy writing, the word "Harry" was scrawled. Aurora and Dante glanced at each other before tearing open the envelope and unfolding the creased piece of parchment. The twins' eyes began to water as they realised it was a letter from their father.

Dear Harry,

It is my understanding that Hogwarts will be hosting the Tri-Wizard Tournament this year. I figured that now is as good a time as any to tell you about my past, seeing as you will be meeting some very familiar faces soon.

In my seventh year at Hogwarts, James, Remus and I were selected to visit Beauxbatons school for a term as part of an event organised by the International Magical Co-operation board. It was there that I met Luciana Bianco. She was the Golden Girl of Beauxbatons, and she was beautiful. Inside and out. Now, I don't normally believe in this sort of mumbo-jumbo, but for Luci and I, it was love at first sight. We were both swept up in this crazy, whirling romance. I was even planning to propose. But of course, my parents did not approve. The Biancos were seen as blood traitors. For a Black to marry one would be seen as a scandal. So, I left her behind. I didn't even tell her I was leaving. It broke my heart.

It was years until I saw her again. I had just begun to move on when she came sauntering back into my life. I was at one of the Malfoy's famous balls- Narcissa had just married Lucius you see- when I saw her. She hadn't changed a bit. I was so transfixed, I didn't even notice her turn to look at me. Before I knew it, she had dragged me upstairs and started shouting at me. Insult after insult. She had hold of of her wand but she didn't use it. I don't think she could bring herself to. I let her yell at me for what seemed like hours. When she had finally used up all her anger, she broke down sobbing, and I immediately went to comfort her. As I held her in my arms, I explained everything. How I loved her and had planned to propose, but my parents forbade it, and how I never meant to hurt her. After I had finished, she was very quiet. It was rather worrying. Then, she did the thing I least expected. She kissed me. And, well, you can imagine what happened next.
We ran away together that night and got eloped. My parents disowned me of course, but I didn't much care. I was with the woman I loved, and that was all that mattered.
A few weeks later, we discovered that Luci was pregnant. I was ecstatic. I couldn't wait to be a father. Nine months later, the time came. To my surprise, there were two of them! A boy and a girl. I was overjoyed. We got the best of both worlds. I remember when discussing baby names, I had jokingly suggested calling the girl Ethelburga, to which Luci said, "Sirius, giuro su Dio if you call our daughter Ethelburga I will kill you." Still cracks me up to this day. She was a feisty one.
In the end, we settled on Aurora and Dante. Beautiful names for beautiful children. We were complete. Our perfect little family. But it wouldn't last.
A little over two years after the twins were born, on October 31st, Luci had been visiting Lily and James and their son. You. My Godson. When she did not return, I grew worried. We were in the middle of a war after all. But when Dumbledore apparated to our cottage, my nightmare became a reality. James and Lily Potter were dead. And so was my beloved Luciana. I knew exactly what had happened. Remus would never have sold our friends out to Voldemort, but Peter would. He was weak minded. I saw red. I wanted revenge. So I dropped the twins off at the Delacours (family friends of Luci's) and went in search of Wormtail. You know the rest.
I regret the decision I made every day. I wish I could have watched my precious children grow up. I know I've been a terrible father. I'm so very sorry. Aurora is a Beauxbatons student and Dante goes to Durmstrang. If you see them, tell them I love them. Or better yet, give them this letter. I am so sorry I didn't reach out after I escaped Azkaban, Aurora, Dante, if you are reading this. I could not put you in danger. I love you. Forever and always.
So Harry. That is my story. If you ever find love like I did, cherish it.
Sirius

By the end of the letter the twins were both in tears. Aurora silently handed the letter back to Harry before slowly turning to her brother. "Dante." she whispered. "Ci ama." (He loves us) the twins began to smile. "Ci ama maledettamente Dante! Nostro padre ci ama!" (He bloody loves us Dante! Our father loves us!) she shouted, and they embraced each other. Dante spun Aurora in the air, who began to laugh uncontrollably in pure joy. He then set her down, and they thanked the twins profusely- two of whom looked very confused- and ran off into the woods, laughing as they went. Harry Potter watched them leave hand in hand, speaking to each other in rapid Italian. They looked so happy. He couldn't help but smile.

A/N
So, the twins learned the truth about their father! Sirius will make more of an appearance in Order of the Phoenix, and before you ask, he will still be killed off. As much as it breaks my heart, I feel like it is essential to the plot of the story. Anyway, thanks for reading!
Rose x