♛ DRAGONS ♛

Aurora couldn't sleep. She had laid awake, tossing and turning, worrying about the First Task. She wasn't worrying for her sake, but for Harry's. He was only fourteen, and he was going to be put in life threatening situations. She couldn't bear it if anything happened to him. Deciding that she wasn't going to be able to sleep anytime soon, the girl rolled out of the comfort of her bed, pulled on a dressing gown and some slippers and made her way silently out of the Beauxbaton's quarters.

As she stepped out into the dark corridor, Aurora pulled out her wand. Whispering, 'Lumos' she walked down the hall with the tip of her Blackthorn wand lighting the way. She was careful to point it away from the sleeping paintings so as not to wake them up. Chances were, if they saw her wandering the corridors at night, they would alert a teacher and she would be forced to try and go to sleep again.

The soft padding of Aurora's slippers on the stone floor was the only sound in that hallway. As she neared the exit, the girl extinguished her wand using the 'Nox' spell and walked out into the crisp night air. She was still not used to the cold Scottish nights, and wished she had worn something warmer. Her short, black lace nightgown was too thin to be of any use. In an attempt to keep warm, she wrapped her dressing gown tightly around her frame.

There was no doubt that Scotland was a beautiful place, although it was very different to the French and Italian scenery Aurora was used to. The rolling green hills and snow capped mountains were breath taking nonetheless. Not to mention the glittering lakes or 'lochs' as the Scottish called them. The girl inhaled the fresh night air and sat down on the cold stone steps outside Hogwarts school. Aurora tried not to think about the upcoming task, or about Harry, or Cedric or any of the other champions for that matter. Instead she just looked out upon the grounds of the school, admiring the beauty of it. She had not liked Hogwarts when she first arrived, but it was growing on her now.

Aurora had only been sat there for a few minutes when she heard something behind her. Whirling around in panic, she was extremely relieved when she came face to face with her brother.

"Dante." she breathed. "Mi hai spaventato." (You scared me.) her brother sighed.

"Cosa ci fai in piedi?" (What are you doing up?) he asked her, moving to sit on the stone step next to her.

"Non riuscivo a dormire". (Couldn't sleep.) Aurora shrugged dismissively, but Dante knew her too well.

"Preoccupato per il primo compito?" (Worried about the first task?)

The girl kept quiet.

"Preoccupato per Harry?" (Worried about Harry?)

Aurora gave a small nod. She could never hide anything from Dante. He always knew what was going on in her mind and vice versa.

"Vuoi parlarne?". (Do you want to talk about it?) Aurora shook her head.

Dante silently understood, and moved to sit down on the stone step next to his sister. She rested her head in the crook of his neck and sighed deeply. Her brother was the only person she truly showed her vulnerable side to. In all the time the Delacours had cared for Aurora, they had never once seen her cry. Not when a particularly nasty girl from school broke her arm, not when a teacher had slapped her for talking back, and certainly not as a result of sentiment. No, Aurora held back her tears until she was alone with her brother, and then she would sob into his shoulder for hours on end until she had no more tears left to cry. Dante was her rock, through good times and bad. The only other person who had seen her cry was Cedric Diggory. Aurora had never meant to open up to him, but she was unable to stop herself. The thought still confused her greatly