♛ FINDING A DATE ♛

Aurora had skipped lunch again. It was the third time that week. She sat alone at a table in the Library, poring over book after book. She had recently been falling behind in her studies. Aurora knew she could not afford to fail any of her OWLs if she was to become and Auror. She needed top grades. So the Italian girl studied, and she studied hard.

Aurora was reading a book about advanced Charms in her usual spot in the Library, when someone sat down in the chair opposite her. She looked up momentarily, and was pleasantly surprised to see Viktor Krum watching her intently. She gave him a brief smile before turning back to her book and continuing to study.

About an hour later, Viktor was still there. He had not spoken a word. Aurora was beginning to become slightly irritated- it was very hard to concentrate with him breathing down her neck. Finally, she shut her book and looked up at the boy with an expectant look on her face. When he still did not say anything, she rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"You don't talk much do you?" she asked rhetorically. Viktor frowned slightly and leaned back in his chair.

"I do. When I want to." he replied defensively. Aurora chuckled, shaking her head. She began to pack her books back into her handbag.

"Right. You've literally been sat in front of me for the past hour and not said a word." she deadpanned before picking up her bag and beginning to stand up from her seat. Before she could go any further, Viktor put an arm across her, barring the girl's path.

"Please." he began. "Don't go. I need your help." he said. There was a look of desperation in his eyes. Aurora nodded slowly before taking her seat once more.

"So, what do you need help with?" she inquired. Viktor sighed, before beginning to explain his dilemma.

"There is this girl." he started. Aurora let out a small squeal of excitement, but upon seeing the look he sent her, decided it was probably best to keep quiet.

"There's this girl, who I really like. She's smart and funny and beautiful, and I want to ask her to the Ball, but I don't know how." he confessed. Aurora took a deep breath, trying to refrain from squealing again. She knew he was talking about Hermione of course, but she didn't tell him that.

"Well, I'm willing to bet that any girl in this school would be willing to go to the Ball with you, Viktor." the boy smiled. "But, she isn't like most girl's is she?" he shook his head. "Well, your best bet is to just be honest, and to be yourself. This girl won't want any grand romantic gesture, and she won't want a public affair either. Just be confident, and tell the truth. How you've always admired the way her eyebrows furrow in concentration when she's studying, or how her hair goes slightly frizzy in the rain, or--"

"Okay, Aurora. That's enough." Viktor cut her off with a laugh. Aurora smirked before reaching across the table to take his hand.

"If Hermione is as smart as everyone says, she'll say yes in a heartbeat." she reassured the boy, who nodded and smiled.

"Thank you." he murmured quietly before standing up from his seat and leaving the room. Aurora smiled to herself. She loved playing matchmaker. It was so obvious that Viktor like Hermione. She was surprised the younger girl couldn't see it.

After a moment, Aurora picked her Charms book up off the table and slung her bag over her shoulder. Standing up, she made her way over to the bookcase where she had previously got the textbook from.

As she rounded the corner, she did not pay attention to where she was walking, and collided with something solid. Letting out a yelp, Aurora fell to the floor, dropping her bag and spilling its contents everywhere.

"Merda!" she cursed loudly. Sitting up slowly, she heard a deep chuckle come from somewhere above her. Aurora cringed inwardly. Standing above her was the dark haired Durmstrang boy from after the First Task. He was holding her charms book in his right hand, and her handbag in the other. She looked to the floor next to her, and realised that her books were no longer strewn across the carpet. With another chuckle, the boy held out his hand to help her up.