♛ THE GOBLET OF FIRE ♛

The Bianco-Blacks, plus Fleur and Gabrielle, had stayed in the Great Hall for hours, talking about anything and everything. It was well past midnight when the Beauxbatons students returned to the carriage, where they had been berated by Madame Maxime.

While they were talking, Aurora learned that both Fleur and Dante were planning on entering the Tournament. There were to be two champions for each school. The girl was determined to be one of them.

"The instructions for the tasks the champions will face this year have already been examined by Mr Crouch and Mr Bagman." Dumbledore had said, "and they have made the necessary arrangements for each challenge. There will be three tasks, spaced throughout the school year, and they will test the champions in many different ways... their magical prowess- their daring- their powers of deduction- and, of course, their ability to cope with danger.'" The hall seemed to go quiet after those words. Aurora remembered holding her breath without even realising she was. " This year, six champions will compete in the Tournament. Two from each of the participating schools. They will be marked on how well they perform each of the Tournament tasks and the champion with the highest total after task three will win the Triwizard Cup. The champions will be chosen by an impartial selector- The Goblet of Fire." As the casket had creeped open, Aurora had let out a gasp. The wooden cup that then stood on a stand in the middle of the room would have been completely unremarkable. If it hadn't have been for the brilliant blue flame emerging from it. "Anyone wishing to submit themselves as champion must write their name and school clearly upon a slip of parchment, and drop it into the Goblet. Aspiring champions have twenty four hours in which to put their names forward. Tomorrow night, Hallowe'en, the Goblet will return the names of the six it has judged most worthy to represent their schools. The Goblet will be placed in the Entrance Hall tonight, where it will be freely accessible to all those wishing to compete." Aurora had considered putting her name in that very night, but she had decided against it. She wanted an audience. She wanted everyone to know that Aurora Black was going to be a Triwizard Champion.                                                                                                                                                  

Fleur and Dante may be her family, but this was the Triwizard Tournament. Emotional attachments would not stand in the way of victory. Aurora was determined to win, no matter what. Even if that meant stepping on a few toes.

So came the day that the champions were to be picked. Students of the age of sixteen and above from all three schools were putting their names in the Goblet of Fire. Aurora sat on a bench with her book, observing as a Durmstrang student put his name in and watched as it was engulfed by the blue flames. The boy, who had dark hair and pale skin noticed her watching and sent her a wink. She smirked at him before turning back to her book.

Aurora rolled her eyes as a group of rowdy yellow-ties- or Hufflepuffs as she had discovered they were called- entered the room. "Go on Ced, put it in!" one of them shouted. The girl looked up and saw the handsome boy from the feast. His name was Cedric Diggory. Apparently, he was the 'Golden Boy' of Hogwarts. If she was picked, she hoped she would face him. She would love to wipe that smug smile his face when she beat him.

Cedric's parchment was engulfed in the familiar blue flame. He locked eyes with Aurora momentarily, and was startled when she glared at him. He looked slightly confused as he stepped over the age line and back to where his friends were waiting to pat him on the back. He should have expected it, Aurora thought. She wasn't going to let anyone stand in the way of her victory.

Aurora was about to go and put her name in the Goblet when the two red-headed boys who were complaining loudly at the feast entered the room, rather noisily as it was. The girl knew who they were. The Weasley twins were the pranksters of Hogwarts. If it wasn't for the Tournament, she may have tried to befriend them.