♛ THE DAILY PROPHET ♛

Something had changed between Aurora and Cedric the day of their first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson. Blanca and Adam noticed it too. The two kept stealing glances at each other when they thought no one was looking, and every time their fingers so much as brushed they would jump like they had been electrocuted. Everyone noticed it. Everyone except Aurora and Cedric themselves.

It was Tuesday, and Blanca and Aurora were making their way to the Great Hall for breakfast. As they entered the room people started whispering and giggling. The two girls looked at each other in confusion. Aurora then spotted Harry at the Gryffindor table with Hermione. He was glaring fiercely at the Daily Prophet, in his hands, and his face was flushed with anger.

"Arrivo tra un minuto". (I'll be over in a minute.) she called to Blanca who was making her way over to where Cedric, Adam, Fleur, Viktor and Dante were sat. Aurora however walked towards the Gryffindor table instead. Hermione looked up as she spotted the girl approaching. Harry kept his head down.

"Hey 'Mione, Harry." she greeted. They mumbled 'hello's' in reply as she sat down. "What's up with you?" she asked Harry. He wordlessly handed her the Daily Prophet.

On the front cover was an article about Harry. Rita Skeeter had completely twisted the boy's words. She had no doubt made up everything in the article.

"I suppose I get my strength from my parents. I know they'd be very proud of me if they could see me now... yes, sometimes at night I still cry about them, I'm not ashamed to admit it... I know nothing will hurt me in the Tournament, because they're watching over me..."

Aurora grimaced. She knew for a fact that Harry would never have said any of those things. But Rita Skeeter took it it even further.

"Harry has at last found love at Hogwarts. His close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Harry is rarely seen out of the company of Hermione Granger, a stunningly pretty Muggle-born girl who, like Harry, is one of the top students in the school."

Hermione and Harry watched as the girl's nose scrunched up in distaste.

"It gets worse." Harry grumbled. Aurora looked at him apprehensively before turning the page. Her name was mentioned at the top in cursive lettering. It said:

"Aurora Black, another stunningly pretty girl of sixteen, is one of the two Beauxbatons champions competing in the Triwizard Tournament. At her school, she is top of the class in all her subjects and has a very impressive list of extra-curricular activities including ballet and gymnastics. So it is unsurprising that, with her also being part Veela, she has been receiving a lot of male attention as of late. A close friend of hers, a fourth year Slytherin by the name of Pansy Parkinson says, 'she constantly has a trail of boys following her around.' It is unclear whether Aurora is romantically attached to anyone, but it is only a matter of time."

Aurora slammed the paper down on the table in anger, making a few people around her jump. She was furious. Not only was Rita Skeeter violating her privacy, but she was also making it seem like she was nothing more than a pretty face. The whole point of the Tournament was to show people that she was a worthy contender, and this reporter was making her seem like some kind of air headed giggling schoolgirl. Not to mention her facts were wrong. Aurora didn't have an ounce of Veela blood in her!

Grabbing her wand, the girl pointed it at the scrunched up ball of newspaper. "Incendio." she muttered, and it burst into flames.

"I told you she'd burn it." Dante's voice came from behind her. Aurora turned to see Cedric, Blanca, Adam, Fleur and Viktor stood on either side of her brother. She sighed as they all took a seat at the Gryffindor table.