♛ THE WEIGHING OF THE WANDS ♛

As Cedric and Aurora walked into the old, fairly small classroom, they were greeted by some familiar faces. Ludo Bagman sat on one of the five velvet covered chairs. He was engaged in animated conversation with the blonde curly haired witch from the Champion Selection. She was wearing deep magenta robes which, in Aurora's opinion, were harmful to the eyes.

Viktor Krum was, as usual, standing moodily in a corner, not talking to anyone. He did not seem like the very talkative type. On the contrary, Dante and Fleur were excitedly chattering in a mixture of French, Italian and English. Finally, the other Hufflepuff boy who Aurora believed name was Adam, hovered awkwardly on the outskirts of the group, unsure of what to do and who to talk to.

Dante noticed the new arrivals first, pointing excitedly at the two figures. "Rora!" he exclaimed, and Aurora grinned before running over to join her siblings. This left Cedric to hover awkwardly like his fellow Hufflepuff. Fortunately for him, he did not have to wait very long, for moments later Harry Potter entered the threshold looking extremely fed up.

Bagman spotted him immediately, got up quickly, and bounded forwards. "Ah here he is! Champion number seven! In you come, Harry, in you come... nothing to worry about, it's just the wand weighing ceremony, the rest of the judges will be here in a moment-"

"Wand weighing?" Harry repeated. He was fidgeting nervously with the fraying end of his robes. "We have to check that your wands are fully functional, no problems, you know, as they're your most important tools in the tasks ahead." Bagman explained. "The expert's upstairs with Dumbledore. And then there's going to be a little photoshoot." Harry visibly grimaced but Bagman seemed not to notice. "This is Rita Skeeter." he gestured to the blonde woman who waved at them with far too long, talon like crimson painted nails. "She's doing a small piece on the Tournament for the Daily Prophet."

"Maybe not that small, Ludo." said Rita, her eyes boring into Harry. Aurora raised an eyebrow. Cedric seemed to notice too as he stifled a laugh.

"I wonder if I could have a little word with Harry before we start?" she asked, but her gaze was still fixated on the boy who squirmed uncomfortably. Cedric and Aurora glanced at each other, fighting back smirks. "The youngest champion, you know... to add a bit of colour?"

"Certainly!" Bagman cried a little over enthusiastically, before realising that it was not his decision. "That is- if Harry has no objections?"

"Er-" the boy didn't even get to reply before he was being dragged away from the group by Rita Skeeter. Just as the two were about to disappear around a corner, Harry mouthed a pleading 'help me' to Aurora, who snickered quietly to herself. Cedric watched this interaction with narrowed eyes. He did not know the two knew each other- let alone were friends. He wasn't one to judge, but he didn't picture Harry befriending the daughter of the man who betrayed his parents. He thought it was suspicious.

Cedric, who was still deep in thought hardly noticed as Dumbledore and another man entered the room. He was quickly snapped out of his daze by the irritated sight of the Hogwarts Headmaster. "I suppose I shall have to go and retrieve them then." he said, referring to Rita Skeeter and Harry, before abruptly leaving the room. A couple of minutes later he returned with the boy and the reporter. Harry hurriedly came to stand beside Aurora, who flashed him a brief smile. The Champions were then ushered into their seats by Bagman. Rita Skeeter held her quill at the ready as she prepared for the ceremony. She was no longer staring at Harry but kept glancing at Aurora and Dante curiously.

"May I introduce Mr Ollivander." said Dumbledore, taking his seat at the judge's table while still speaking to the Champions. "He will be checking your wands to ensure they are in good condition before the Tournament."