♛ ASSASSIN ♛

A/N

Just a forewarning, this chapter is kinda shit. I'm going to rewrite it at some point but I can't be bothered right now.

It was dark as Ariadne Lestrange made her way silently through the corridors of Hogwarts. Everyone was asleep. Well, almost everyone.

Ariadne did not know why she was wandering through the school at such a late hour. The only thing that crossed her mind was the mission. She did not think. No, she could not think. Ariadne was not in control of her body.

She screamed at her legs to stop moving, but they still carried her further and further down the corridors.

"Ariadne, my darling. I know it is hard, but you must do it. He will kill you if you don't."

That voice. She knew that voice. She had heard it once before.

"No! I can't! I won't! She's my family!"

Ariadne's own frantic cries played over and over in her mind. He wanted the girl dead. The Lestranges were loyal to the Dark Lord, so she must be too. But she didn't want to.

Ariadne, reached the open door, and peered around it. Sure enough, there she was. Her target. The girl was gazing up at the night sky in a daze. Her breathing was shallow and uneven, as if she had just been crying. She was curled up in a ball, rocking back and forth like a child might do. She looked so vulnerable.

A light breeze blew through the night, lifting the girl's long brown hair off her face and revealing tanned, blemish free skin. She was flawless. It took Ariadne's breath away. Perhaps she was part Veela.

She could see the girl's lips moving. Only then did she notice the sweet tune coming from the girl's mouth. She seemed to be singing some kind of lullaby in a foreign language. Spanish, perhaps? No, Italian.

Ariadne quickly cast the Muffliato charm on the girl as she drew closer. She would not be able to hear her coming now. The assassin unsheathed her wand and pointed it at the girl. The next words she uttered made piercing screams cut through the night air.

"Crucio!"

Aurora felt a pain like no other. It was like a thousand knives were cutting into her, ripping and tearing at her flesh with no mercy. It was excruciating. And it didn't stop. The pain continued to wrack her body for what felt like hours. Aurora begged for it to stop.

Very suddenly, the pain subsided just long enough for Aurora to unsheathe her wand and point it at the attacker.

"Stupefy!" she croaked, but the spell was weak. Enduring the Torture Curse had taken too much of her energy. The attacker easily blocked the spell before shouting, "Incarcerous!"

Ropes burst from the attacker's wand and wrapped themselves tightly around Aurora's weak body. They cut into her skin as they squeezed tighter and tighter. Aurora began to feel herself topple over. The girl's head hit the stone floor with a sickening crack. Blood was already pooling from her head into a puddle on the ground. Aurora groaned and tried to refocus on the figure emerging from the shadows.

She immediately wished she hadn't. For into the moonlight stepped Ariadne Lestrange. Except this wasn't the Ariadne she knew. Her eyes were dull and vacant whereas they normally sparkled with life. All Aurora could see in those cloudy grey orbs was pain.