♛ JEALOUS ♛

Aurora was in a bad mood. It had been three weeks since the First Task, and Cedric had barely spoken a word to her. The girl had wracked her brain to try and figure out what she had said or done to upset him. She had no clue. To make matters worse, Charlie had gone back to Romania the week before. Aurora had met up with him every night. They would talk about anything and everything, and he would listen to her problems. Contrary to the belief of Charlie's co-workers, their relationship was strictly platonic. In fact, Charlie Weasley was quickly becoming like a brother to Aurora. She even talked to him about her confusing feelings for Cedric, to which he would give advice where he could.

It was Saturday, and Aurora had an especially bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. The girl made her way to the Great Hall, her blue dress flowing out behind her. For once, she was oblivious to the stares and whistles she received from every boy she passed in the corridor. Something about her apparent anger seemed to make her more alluring. Her tanned skin glowed in the light, and her long hair was even more shiny than usual. She walked with purpose, her hips swaying, and her eyes glistened with an unidentifiable emotion. Aurora sometimes wondered if she actually was part Veela. She would spend hours looking at herself in the mirror, hoping to find some kind of flaw, only to be disappointed.

Aurora did not notice the the sympathetic looks she received upon entering the Great Hall. She did not notice the whispers that followed her down the aisle, and she definitely didn't notice what was on the front page of the Daily Prophet. Aurora was lost in her thoughts.

"Aurora?" Adam's soft voice broke her out of her trance. She quickly realised that all of her friends were watching her with concerned expressions on their faces. Aurora furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"What?"

The group sat at the Hufflepuff table glanced around at each other nervously. Fleur's eyes were darting around the room, but they never settled on her adoptive sister. Adam looked even more scared than usual, and Viktor was gazing down at the table blankly. Dante fiddled with his fingers, a habit Aurora knew he had in uncomfortable situations. Hermione and Ron also looked extremely nervous. Harry was nowhere to be seen and- unsurprisingly- neither was Cedric.

Something was up.

"Rora?" Adam began softly. "Have you- have you seen the Daily Prophet  this morning?" Aurora's stomach dropped. This couldn't be good.

"No. What does it say?"

Adam subconsciously scratched the back of his neck- a nervous habit of his- before he wordlessly handed her a copy of the Daily Prophet. One glance at the front cover was enough to make her blood boil. In the centre of the page was a moving picture of Cedric Diggory locking lips with none other than Cho Chang. Underneath that was a photo of Aurora- it flattered her perfectly. Her skin looked even smoother than normal, her lips were plump and her hair sleek and shiny. The headline read:

AURORA BLACK: UNLUCKY IN LOVE

Aurora had the sudden impulse to rip out Rita Skeeter's throat.

Aurora Black (16) the stunning part Veela, who is also a Triwizard champion, had finally found love. Or so it seemed. She was rumoured to be dating fellow champion Cedric Diggory (17), until very recently. The two were rarely seen out of each other's company. But lately, the young couple has not been seen together at all. Cho Chang (15) the Ravenclaw student pictured in a romantic embrace with Cedric above, seems to have noticed the tension between Aurora and her boyfriend, and decided to make her move.

Pansy Parkinson, a close friend of Miss Black's told the Daily Prophet about the moment Aurora found out about Cedric's secret relationship with Cho Chang. "When she found out he was cheating, she just broke down. I found her crying her heart out in the girl's bathroom. Aurora has always been a closed off sort of person. Sometimes it's hard to tell what she's feeling. Until that point, I had never seen her show vulnerability. Cedric broke her heart."