♛ ARIADNE LESTRANGE ♛

Ariadne Lestrange had a hard life. She had never really know her parents, as they had been locked away in Azkaban since she was a little girl, so she had been raised by the Malfoys with her cousin Draco. She had a home, a family and more money than most people, but she never felt complete. Something was missing. She just didn't know what it was.

Ariadne had never fit in at school. Her only friend was Draco, and when he wasn't around, she would spend most of her time in the Room of Requirement reading by the fire, where nobody could find her.

That day was no different. She was reading her favourite muggle novel, Jane Eyre by somebody called Charlotte Brontë. The girl loved the book and had read it many times. Maybe it was because the main character didn't have any parents to rely on, much like Ariadne herself, or maybe it was just a very good book.

Ariadne was on the last chapter of Jane Eyre when her mind became clouded. Dark spots appeared in the corner of her eyes, and a thick mist shrouded her vision. Suddenly, a voice called out her name. It was just a whisper, and Ariadne barely heard it, but the voice gradually became louder until is was as if the mysterious person was standing right next to her.

The voice was harsh yet soft at the same time. It was a woman's voice, that was for sure, but it was hoarse, as though it had not been used for some time. But the strange thing was, the voice sounded almost... loving.

"Ariadne."  it called again. "Ariadne my darling, it has been so long. So long. I don't have much time so listen carefully. It is time to take your place in the world. You are a Lestrange and you have responsibilities. Something is coming my love, and you must be prepared for it. I wish I could protect you from him, but he is too powerful. You and I will only survive if we fight with him, side by side, as mother and daughter.

I need you to listen very carefully now my darling. You must do what the man says, or he will kill you. The Dark Lord is not merciful. I am taking a huge risk even contacting you. A great danger lurks within Hogwarts. The school is not safe anymore. But Ariadne, please do not be afraid. As long as you fight by his side, no harm will come to you, I am sure of it.

I must go now, my love, but please heed my warning. Do not question what has to be done. I know it is hard, but it is for the greater good. I love you."

Ariadne's vision cleared once again. The girl sat in shock by the fire in the Room of Requirement. She had just spoken to her mother. Her mother, Bellatrix Lestrange, who she had heard called a heartless monster so many times before. Yet she cared so much for a daughter she never knew, that she was willing to risk her life just to warn her. Ariadne did not know what was coming, but she knew she would fight by her mother's side until the very end.

Would this prove to be a mistake? She did not know. Ariadne just wanted a family.

A/N

Okay, so this sucks and I will probably rewrite it at some point, but I needed to introduce Bellatrix into the story somehow. From now on, I apologise on Ariadne's behalf. You'll see why soon.

First of all, thank you so much for 200 views! I know it's not much, but it really does mean a lot to me that people are reading this book.

Second, I know I'm kind of mixing up the movie and the book plots, but I kind of have to for the sake of the book. So please don't come at me for doing some bits different to the others.

Lastly, thank you for reading! The next chapter will be the main plot of the story again. Hope you enjoyed!

Rose <3