- the shadow -

-Sophie's POV-

I am said to be not fully human. Weird isn't it. My mom died giving birth to me and my dad was killed by a pack of non-humans so called as 'wolves' when I was only 15. It has been five years I am strolling here and there alone. I know it's quite a pity story but don't be little me I have had enough. Besides there is a shadow that always kept me safe and protected from any danger after the death of my parents it was kind of my guardian. The day I ran away this very shadow followed me all along and since then it always stayed by me. The shadow is a 'he' and it's quite strange I have never seen him cause he is always behind me and what's more strange is that I have never heard his voice for these whole past years.

-End of Sophie's POV-

-??? POV-

1st person- is she fine?

2nd person- of course, she is.

1st person- Thank-you. It is all because of you she is safe.

2nd person- not a problem. I am enjoying my job.

~End of ??? POV~

-Sophie's POV-

So I was walking in a nearby forest. Oh! yes, I did not mention where I live. I am currently based in the country side where everything is at peace and no commotions made till now. As I continued to roam around, the shadow, I mentioned earlier, popped up in front of me for the very first time.

Sophie- ahhhh you startled me

Shadow- I'm sorry didn't mean to (scratching his head).

Sophie- I assume you are the shadow who follows me. (He nodded)

Sophie- Why?? (He looked at me finding for an answer that's how much I could read his face)

Shadow- ummm. I thought you already know. I kept you all good and well, found a place to live in and--

Sophie- Not that.. I know you were helping me all along. Why? I'm asking that

Shadow- because I'm told to.

Sophie- you're told to? By whom?

Shadow- I have made the biggest mistake in my life showing in front of you (he looked frustrated but why is he? I just asked some doubts he sure is ill-tempered) anyway I came here to tell you not to go into the woods it might be dangerous. Shoo- shoo go back.
(He gestured me by shooing me away to go back)

I just made an indignant face and turned back to go, as I walk I spoke, "by the way I never thought a dark shadow would be that fair.... (And handsome) I lowered my voice and said to myself.

Sophie- I'm not trying to be rude but what's your name? And are you also like me? mix breed? What about your parents. Are they still alive? And yeah how long have you been alive?
(I turned back as I queried just to realize I was talking alone the whole time) "I thought I heard footsteps" I mumbled in confusion and hastened to my place.

~ ~ ~

-Shadow's POV-

She thinks I'm handsome (smirks) well I can't help, was born this way. I with the thought went back to our land.

____________________

Hello!!! there my dear reader(s), thank-you for choosing to drop by..please do vote,comment and continue to support this fiction..

Means a lot
☺️

Borahae ya'll
💜