8. hanging around

"You look like shit."

"Thanks for pointing that out to me", I roll my eyes while Emily hands me my cup of coffee.

"Was your date with Evans that good or that bad?", she wriggles her eyebrows at me. "I didn't hear you come back, must have been late."

"You were curled up in front TV, watching Shadowhunters without me. Or shall I say you slept to it?"

"Yeah, I probably ended up wanting to have it off with Jace after seeing him do his workout, so I could only fall asleep to have that in my dreams."

I chuckle at her boldness.

"But you are distracting me now. Is that a bad thing?"

"Jake turned up", I sigh.

Emily gasps loud. "Wait, what? What happened?"

I tell her the whole story, how I kicked Evans's ass and Jake appeared and challenged me. How I escaped with Evans and we spent time in the park talking, how we texted and Jake's eyes haunt me that I couldn't sleep.

She lets out a long sigh, after I have finished my story.

"So, Jake didn't spill the beans in front of Evans?" she questions.

"No, thank god. I wasn't too sure about it." For a moment when he mentioned fucking in the apartment I seriously thought this is it.

"Maybe he is trying to do right after he did you so wrong", Emily suggests.

"No way, have you seen how he has changed Emi? If anything, he has become worse. I don't trust him one second. And it sucks he is Evans friend. Do you think I should even be dating Evans? I might as well have fun on parties, gosh I mean we came here to have fun. And now I am kinda dating the first guy I met in Oxford without even having checked my options."

"Agreed, but Evans is a damn hot date. Then again, I guess I know where you are coming from. Maybe you could just hang out a little with Evans and keep other options open?"

"Isn't that mean? Gosh I am not even together with this guy and I feel like I am cheating on him."

"And if you talk to him? I mean you don't need to tell him every detail."

"Fuck I don't know. I can't believe I am in this mess right in my first week here."

"Seems like you attract bad luck, just as hot guys", she chuckles.

"Fuck Emi, it's not funny. How about a night out tomorrow to have fun? I need that!"

"You mean unmasked?", she laughs out loud.

"Hell, yes please. No surprises this time. I swear I am never ever going to have it off with someone who is masked again. Not even if it's part of a game."

I take a look at my phone, five messages from Evans, damn.

Good morning Statement girl, hope you slept well.

Dreamt all night about you on your skateboard. Reality is better ;)

You up yet? How about breakfast?

Any plans for today? I could show you around town.

Sorry for spamming you :)

While eating my crumpet with lemon curd, I push my phone over to Emily.

"What the hell shall I do? He is sweet and yes, damn sexy. But he is clingy already."

"He obviously likes you. You should at least talk to him."