22. panicking

Jake has a smirk on him all day during class. To be honest I don't know if he is paying attention to class at all today. He keeps on writing something on his booklet which he is shielding and the rest of the time his eyes are set on me, making me feel nervous. Even I can't concentrate on a word of Professor Williams because of Jake.

At some point I can't hold back. "What on earth are you smirking about all day?"

"Ah nothing, just having a good day", he's gleaming with the way he's saying it.

Ok, so he obviously isn't spilling the beans. No matter how hard I try to fight it, I can't help but keep on taking glances at him in between either. He's wearing a black V-neck t-shirt again today, black jeans which are torn on the knees and his black Chucks. Some things never change, he's still just as much into Chucks as I am. Why does he have to look so damn hot? His skin is still slightly tanned from the summer, making his green eyes pop even more.

If I had to stencil my dream man, then this would be the result. There are quite a few hotties around here and also at our skatepark, Evans is definitely one of them. But Jake is like his own league and it's nearly ridiculous how good looking he is. His well defined high cheek bones, his perfect jawline, the full lips, he looks unbelievable amazing. With 6'5 feet he is tall and very good built. His hair and the tattoos feed the bad boy image I like on guys.

The huge problem about it, he knows it too well. His ego is way too boosted by it. Where ever he is you'll see girls drool because of him, not that I could blame them. We spent the break at the cafe together today and the girl behind the counter nearly let the coffee drop as he gave her a polite smile. On the campus and everywhere we walk I see the girls turning around to take a glance at him. Even here in class there are a lot of girls begging for his attention.

Is it stupid I like that he isn't paying any attention to them at all? Instead his eyes keep on focusing on me. Beginning of the week I hated he looked at me at all, and now I want him to look at me? Stupid girl, get your mind straight.

My phone buzzes and Evans name pops up on the screen.

Hey Honey, been missing you this week. Time for the skatepark?

Sorry still on my homework. But I'll see you tonight. ;)

Your homework sucks :(

I chuckle at Evans's words drawing Jake's attention to my phone. Only seconds later the next message comes in.

At least have a game of pool with me tonight after work!!!!

Settled :)

Promise?

Yeah promise!

"You on a date with Evans tonight?", Jake asks and his smirk has disappeared instead his eyes have turned cold and his lips are tugged in a brim line.

"Ever heard of privacy?"

"Ever heard this is a class and you shouldn't be texting during class?", he hisses back.

I roll my eyes. "It's not a date anyway. Haven't seen Evans most of the week, because of our homework. It's just some fun time after work."

Why am I even explaining myself to him?

"Ok, if it's not a date, you don't mind me being there either."

Is he fucking serious? I mean I know it's the pub he usually goes to anyway and Evans has told me they are playing pool there regular, but this is about me being with Evans I think. As I can't stop him anyway I shrug.

"Whatever, it's only pool and an open pub to everyone. Feel free to go anywhere you want."

"Wow that sounds enthusiastic and inviting", he's pissed.