14. The Old Oak

At half past five Evans knocks at the door. Seeing as we work at the same place, we decided we could just as well walk there together.

His eyes scan me and a smirk appears on his face. "What's wrong with you to today? No statement on your shirt?"

I am wearing plain light blue skinny jeans and a plain white tank top. Definitely very unusual for me.

"Yea I thought I wouldn't start to piss people off or scare the shit out of them on my first day at work. Anyways I might get more tips if I am not wearing something with like FUCK OFF on it", I shrug it off making Evans laugh lowly. "Besides some might be frightened enough by all my tatts."

"Doubt it. Most of us are wearing tatts in there. But none of us is looking so damn hot with it."

His words as so often make me blush. "Yeah right, you trying to impress your new colleague already. Think about it differently, it always depends on the point of view."

"What the hell do you mean? Ah wait I get it, I am tall and can look right into your cleavage, I obviously have the right point of view", he says while his eyes are fixated on my tits.

I give him a push. "Stop eyeing me Evans, I am not coming up for any damage done to your pants."

"Great, you tell me now after the damage is already done."

I roll my eyes but can't help but chuckle. This is so blunt and funny at the same time, especially the look on his face with it. "What I meant with the point of view, is the gender. Guys perhaps will find me hot"

"Perhaps?", he interrupts me. "Not perhaps they do, believe me."

"Stop interrupting me. What I meant to say is, that girls are more likely to find you hot instead of me."

"You find me hot?"

I blush. "Maybe, too bad you won't get to know."

"You just told me Statement girl", he chirps happily.

"If you think so, believe whatever makes you happy", I pretend to play innocent.

"How was your first day at college anyway?"

"Can we please not talk about it?" My mood drops in an instant just thinking about it.

"That bad? I thought it was your dream?"

"The college is great, if it wasn't for the seat next to me to be occupied by fucking Jake."

"Serious?"

"Yep."

"Fuck!"

I simply nod in agreement, if I would start talking about it I wouldn't stop swearing.

Once we reach the Old Oak, Jimmy our boss introduces me to the rest of the team. We're five people besides Jimmy. Daniel and Eduard work in the kitchen. Evans, Brian and I work at the bar, serving the guests and washing the glasses.

Brian turns to Evans, he thinks he is whispering but that idiot is way too loud. "You came here together with her? You know her? Told you she is fucking hot. Work is going to be so much more fun now."

"Shut up Brian and get your act together. We work together, alright?", Evans answers a little pissed.

Is he acting protective or is there a little bit of jealousy in his voice? I don't know but it's kinda cute.

Once I am showed where to find everything it's easy peasy for me. No different to my former job I have done for two years. This pub is a small, old and very cosy pub. I like the atmosphere with the low ceilings, crooked walls and all the wood. This is exactly how an old English pub should look like, not like the hipster pub I worked in last. There's an area to play pool and a dart board. The kitchen does simple but good old English traditional food.