Intrusive

Claudio and i arrived at the hospital's ER. A police officer entered the room to ask us questions regarding the fire. Claudio went with it with the reason which has caused the fire was an accident.

The police officer nodded and left us both alone. After the nurses that took care of our wounds got out of the room, i turned my head to Claudio. "What did you mean by recently?" i aasked. He looked back and sighed, "What i meant was, i might know who you dreamed of" he stated.

I looked towards the floor and back to him, "Well, do tell". Claudio took a second before he adjusted his sit. He looked up to the ceiling while still has his back leaning on the wall. He sighed "The man in your dreams, is my father" he stated. I immediately widened my eyes, shocked. I noticed a tremble on his tone at the end, but then he continued.

"Long ago when i was young, i witnessed my father committed murder right in front of my naked eyes.." he stopped to catch a breath, i made sure i didn't zone out. He then continued, "He killed Harrison, in front of you. You might not remember in the flash since you were just a child, but your dream might explain it all".

I was still shocked, the information crossing my thoughts weren't linking. I had no idea how to react. But then it crossed my mind, "How would he be still alive now? That's just not logical" i said. He fixed his position so that he was facing me, "To that question, i'm afraid i cannot answer".

I sighed with a hand covering my face, i was too frustrated. He jumped down the bed and sit beside me, he pulled my head to lean on his shoulder. "Don't worry, we'll stop him. Whatever his plan is" he said, again with no answer from me. My stare was blank while my head had been occupied with every thoughts i had.

"Felicia.." he called out, he nudged his arm so i could respond. I lifted my head, spun my head to look at him blankly. "Hey..Don't stress yourself out" he reached for my cheek. Which i leaned on to it more, closed my eyes feeling the warmth. "Why didn't you tell me this? All this time, you knew?" i asked.

He removed his hand as he sighed, he nodded. I didn't know whether wanted to feel anger, disappointment, bloated, or anything else that might ruin my health. "I'm sorry, i know i should've been more honest. I juts didn't want you to get upset" he assured.

He bent his head down, i reached for his head and lifted him up. To lock eyes with one another. "Even if you did tell the truth, i won't be mad at you. I'd probably search your father to kill him without knowing the explanation. Maybe it's a good thing after all for me knowing late" i said.

He smiled and reached for the back of my neck, he pulled me closer and reached for the gap on my lips. I kissed back. After seconds he pulled back and rested his forehead on mine, "I have a plan" he said. I raised a brow looking at him, "I'm listening".

"But first, we need to inform your mother about this. And we need to make sure she's recovered and fit enough to go with us"

"What? Where are we taking her?"

"We're going to take her to a safer place. She's safer with us rather than here"

"Okay? But where are we going? Home?"

"To meet an old comrade" he stated.

I raised a brow, but somehow convinced by his words. I just needed to trust him, which was exactly what i did. We got up and reached for the elevator, pushed the button that lead us to where my mother was. When the door opened, we walked towards the room.

After we entered, it was empty. No patient, no nurse. I glanced at the bed, all tidied up. I looked towards Claudio, my face already printed out a worried and terrified expression. His mouth was about to open and say something, when suddenly the door opened.

"Did you miss me?" the person exclaimed, i turned around to see who was standing. It was Gabrielle. My face turned into joy, i immediately rushed to land her a hug. She wrapped her arms around my body, "Woah woah what's this? My daughter hugging me without hesitation?" she chucked. I pulled back and said "We're glad you're safe, and healthier i presume?", she put her hand on my shoulder and said "Thanks to Claudio's antidote, gracias mi hijo" she looked at Claudio.

He nodded and smiled, "Madam Gabrielle, we need to inform a bad news. But i suggest to chat about it in a more suitable place" he added. Gabrielle raised a brow and noticed my faded excitement, she then nodded.

*****

I sipped the warm coffee in the cold breezing atmosphere, we chose a cafe downtown. Claudio explained all what had happened. I just stared blankly to the floor.

My zoning phase was interrupted by my mother's hand landed on my shoulder, "Honey, are you alright?" she asked. I nodded slowly. As a mother who has the instinct, she knew i was lying. She sighed. Why would i be fine after knowing that the person i looked up to, the person i adored, the person i had my vengeance on, ended up being the one who wanted my head off.

I've been blind all this time. Not realizing it was right at the tip of my nose to smell. My mother pulled me to her, "I'm just glad you both are safe" she said while giving the warmth to my head. I closed my eyes, feeling pretty fooled by myself.

"I always knew he was a good for nothing asshole. Marrying him was a sin" she stated. I sipped back my coffee. Claudio then mentioned "Madam, for now on you'll have to come with us. Here is just too dangerous". Gabrielle nodded, "Of course" she replied.

"For now, we need an ally. And i have one in mind" he stated, i tilted my head while still has my cup of coffee at my hand. "Who?" i asked, Claudio turned his gaze to me and said "An old friend of mine".