Tainted heart

The building looks abandoned. A cathedral, of some sort. Vines and moss covered 90% of the place. Felicia glanced up to the edge of its structure. The place were clearly was a one in nature.

"Its been abandoned. It would be impossible if people still lives here"

The Spanish girl exclaimed, Diego turned his head and approached her. Looking back at the old building, "It appears so, but it would be different for the inside" he stated. After Diego led the way at the small marching group, Claudio trailed behind the two. Focused intently at the bump beneath them, causing Felicia disrupted in her steps. He gracefully caught her arms before she leaped back on her fall.

"Careful"

She took a glance and him, her expression was disturbed for some reason. Claudio lifted a brow "Something matter?"

She chuckled before she scratches an eye "Nothing. Just nervous i guess?" she said, out of courtesy Claudio was silent. He offered a hand to her as she accepted it, supporting her body to came down from the small yet steep cliff. When she reached down, Claudio inhaled a deep breath "If anything goes wrong--" but before he can continue Felicia cut him, brushed a finger on his lips "It won't. I have faith in the three of us"

He released a corner smile, instantly tangled his hand on hers. Felicia rolled her eyes and walked off before saying "I'm not letting any of you die before we get married, Claudio".

The exorcist's stare blanked, a slight chuckle was heard from the girl's mumble. Some reddish sparkle merged from his cheeks. Diego beamed "Come on lovebirds!" from the cathedral's entrance.

*****

The inside was what Felicia's expectation would be. Uncoordinated, unpopulated, and clearly unmaintained. The soggy texture of the floor seemed alien to her. Felt like her environment had become a swamp.

There was a big circle tile on the floor. Strange seeing as the area filled with nature's scrap, with it being clean. The pattern rung a bell in Felicia's head without her knowing, telling herself it was familiar. Though it appears it was her first time looking down such symbol. She looked up to gaze the light stroke from a gap between the ceiling, she lifted her arm to block her sight. She looked back down to where Diego was standing, scrapping his fingers on a pole. She tilted her head in confusion, approaching him carefully.

"Seems empty, are you sure--"

Just before she could spit another word, Diego's act made she flinched on the spot. A pushed of a button made the area trembled, a mini quake filled the surface. From meters, Claudio raised his awareness. He pointed out the circle tile "Look", Felicia turned to be greeted by the opening tile.

It slashed its pieces on different direction, revealing a staircase leading down. Circling around the hole. She carefully peaked her head and locked her eyes to the very bottom the stairs leading. "From here, be on your guard" Diego declared, standing beside the assassin. When he wanted to lead the way, Claudio's hand blocked his torso. The archer lifted his brow "Remember our deal? I will lead the fight" the exorcist stated.

Diego sighed and gestured his hand, welcomed him to step inside first. Felicia trailed behind him as they did. When they fully entered the area, the tile above them slowly beginning to close the way.

*****

The hallway was empty, we were on the verge of our stances. Lurking the shadow quietly. There were many corridors leading away, but Claudio was told to follow the route by Diego. His father informed it will eventually lead them to the designated area.