thirty-two || the cat's out of the bag

the song for this chapter is "Freak," by Sub Urban and REI AMI :)

***********

Welcome to our freak show, come meet my monstersOh, such a fine collection of stranger things
You're wasting, you're wasting allOf your time finding a cure when there's no diseaseYou're wasting, you're wasting allOf your talent on an audience that sees a freak
Ooh-na-na-na-na, ooh-na-na-na-naOoh-na-na-na-naCan't help myself

***********

   Tate

We pulled back up the long driveway to the safehouse. I got out of the car and bundled up all of my flowers in my arms, a goofy grin stuck on my face. Even though it was only for a short while, I had a really good time. It was so refreshing, and I'm glad that I got to know Niall a little more, and of course, that I got to spend time with Abel.

   My grin faltered as we got closer to the front door. I silently prayed that Harry and Will had used this time to work out their issues, and didn't just beat the shit out of each other.

   Abel fumbled around in his pocket until he grabbed the key and twisted it in the lock, pushing the door open.

The only sound we could hear upon entering was the low chatter from the television in the living room. The silence could be good or bad. Either they weren't fighting, or they both beat each other to death.

   The three of us hesitantly tiptoed out of the foyer and into the kitchen, each of us peering our heads out to see who was in the living room.

"Are you blokes just going to creep around? Or are you going to come over and join us?" Will's deep voice spoke out, causing all of us to jump a little bit.

   I was the first to break away from our little huddle, shocking both the boys and myself as I strode as confidently as I could further into the kitchen, edging closer to the couch.

   I let out a faint sigh of relief as I saw the familiar mess of brown curly hair peeking out from the top of the couch.

   I rounded the corner of the couch and stood in front of them both. For the first time since I met him, Will smiled at me. A real, genuine smile. It threw me so off guard that it took me a moment before I could return his smile. Harry was giving me a cheeky grin too.

    I heard footsteps behind me and soon Niall and Abel were each by my side.

"Well, well, well! Look how friendly you two are!" Niall cried out, a sweet laugh erupting from his mouth.

   "Looks like our plan worked!" Abel cheered, reaching over my head to give a high five to Niall.

Harry and Will rolled their eyes at each other, but the smiles still remained on their faces.

  "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever. Don't make a big deal about it or I'll have to punch Will or something just to spite you both," Harry teased.

   "Did you guys have a good time?" Will asked, the sincereness in his voice sounding so foreign to me, but I was thankful for it. I could tell that he was really trying his hardest to be nice to me and that whatever he and Harry talked about while we were gone must have really affected him.

    "Yeah, we did! It was really nice," I replied, trying to return his genuine smile so that he could see how much I appreciated his sudden change of heart, even if it was more for Harry's benefit than mine.

   I shifted my gaze over to Harry, his stare causing my face to burn as it always did.

"Alright, why don't you two love birds go upstairs for a little bit before you go from undressing each other with your eyes to actually undressing each other," Will suddenly quipped, causing me to choke on air, my face red and flustered as my eyes darted around the room to each of the boys, although I seemed to be the only one thrown off by his statement.