forty-eight || ready for takeoff

the song for this chapter is "Jet Airliner," by Steve Miller Band :) 

***********

Leavin' home, out on the roadI've been down beforeRidin' along in this big ol' jet planeI've been thinkin' about my homeBut my love light seems so far awayAnd I feel like it's all been doneSomebody's tryin' to make me stayYou know I've got to be movin' on

************

Tate

    I had only flown on a private plane once before, and it was not the best experience, considering that at the time, Will and I weren't exactly on friendly terms. And while the plane we had been on was extremely nice, this plane was even more breathtaking. I guess my amazement must have been pretty obvious from the way that Harry was laughing at me as I walked up the stairs. 

   My jaw was dropped and my eyes were wide as I took in the luxury around me. This didn't look like a plane, this looked like a hotel room. There was a bar area and large plushy leather seats. The interior of the plane was primarily black, but accented with gold. 

  I stood in the doorframe of the plane in amazement. The only planes I had ever been on had seats that were mere inches apart, disgusting bathrooms, and screaming children and the only private plane I had ever been on was filled with yelling and Will and Harry nearly killing each other. To say that this was an upgrade would be a massive understatement. 

      "Not too shabby huh?" Harry teased from behind me, causing me to realize I had been standing there blocking him by all of my gawking. 

  I scooted out of the way and let Harry enter the plane first, and watched as he strode to the back and sat in one of the four seats placed there. I followed suit and plopped down next to him.

   "Do you want the window seat?" He asked, gesturing to his own seat.

  I shook my head. "No, I'm alright!"

   He looked at me and frowned, and then stood up, moving out of the way and pointing to his now empty seat. 

  "I told you, I'm fine!" I insisted.

    "You've only been on a private plane once before, and it wasn't the best experience. And I am sure that I have traveled a lot more than you have as well. I want you to get the full experience. If you don't want to sit there for yourself, then please, do it for me," he urged sincerely, the gesture making the butterflies in my stomach begin to swarm. 

   I stood up and shifted over to Harry's seat by the window, and he took my old seat. I placed my hand on his thigh and leaned over and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

  "Thank you," I spoke softly. 

 He smiled at me and used his index finger to hook underneath my chin, tilting it up towards him, before he kissed my forehead.

  "Of course, baby. I know this isn't exactly a vacation, but it is kind of nice that you and I will get some alone time now. If you nix the whole 'running away from an unknown psychopath' part, it is actually quite romantic," he replied, a cheeky grin on his lips. 

    I laughed and slouched down against the cushy leather back of the chair. 

 "Yeah, totally! Nice, low stress, peaceful romantic getaway!" I quipped back, my voice tinged with a hint of sarcasm. 

     Suddenly, the pilot and copilot appeared at the front of the plane, and Harry and I gave them our full attention.

  "Alright, Mr. Styles, Ms. Bridges. We are going to close the doors and get everything going, and we should take off within the next thirty minutes. The skies should have pretty clear conditions, and our estimated flight time is about two hours and fifteen minutes," the pilot spoke.