thirty-six || through the dark

the song for this chapter is "R.I.P. To My Youth," by the Neighbourhood :)

***********

R.I.P. to my youthIf you really listen, then this is to youMama, there is only so much I can doTough for you to witness it but it was for me too
I'm using white lighters to see what's in front of meR.I.P. to my youth

***********

Tate

I walked with the hooded man from the market who had yet to be named quietly. Inside of me, there was a part that was shaking in terror, but it was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. With each step I took, I felt my courage grow, and it was due to the thought that kept playing over and over in my head...

What would Harry do?

I had no doubt that as soon as Harry found out what had happened to me, he would be overwhelmed with distress and worry, but that his most powerful emotion would most likely be anger. And so, I was channeling his own emotions as I walked to my unknown fate. I could struggle and I could cry, but what good would that do? I knew full well that these people didn't give two shits about me, so why should I let them see me break?

If Harry was in this situation, he wouldn't be crying, no...he'd be infuriated. He would be tactful and calm, he would be observant and smart.

So that's what I was trying to be.

I crossed my arms over my chest and glanced down at my nails, giving off a completely unbothered demeanor. The hooded man glanced back at me and laughed.

"What?" I scoffed, not caring how evident my attitude was. I'd been kidnapped before, this bitch wasn't special.

"You're just a lot different than I thought you'd be. I thought for sure that I'd have to chloroform you or something to get you to stop screaming and crying. But what did you do instead? You nailed one of my men right in the fucking kneecap with a bullet and shanked another one!" He cried out in amazement, clutching his stomach as he laughed.

"You seem like such a concerned boss, how sweet," I replied sarcastically.

He waved his hand at me dismissively.

"Ah, those are just some goons. They aren't in any real position of power like I am. If you had nailed someone important, then I'd probably be a little more pissed," he explained.

"Good to know," I sighed, kicking up the rocks under my feet as we walked.

We had been walking for about ten minutes now, and I was beginning to wonder if he had even parked in the same country at this point.

"You know, if you're going to kidnap someone, you could at least have the decency to park closer," I mumbled, and he looked back at me, his eyes glinting in amusement under his mask.

"Why do you still have that thing on? We've already established who you are," I quipped.

The man rolled his eyes before reaching up and tugging the mask off, revealing a messy pile of dark brown hair, and a matching brown layer of scruff on his face. His blue eyes stared into mine for a moment, a smug grin playing on his lips.

"Like what you see, sweetheart?" He taunted, and I rolled my eyes.

"You know what? On second thought, put the mask back on," I shot back, causing him to chuckle once again.

"You're funny. But we will see how long you keep your sense of humor up," he remarked.

"What the fuck do you even want from me? Honestly, with the number of people who want information from me, I should really start charging for this shit," I sighed.