fifty- four || an angry woman is vindictive beyond measure

the song for this chapter is "you should see me in a crown," by Billie Eilish, and I suggest you start playing it at Tate's second POV :)

***********

You should see me in a crownYour silence is my favorite soundWatch me make 'em bowOne by one by oneOne by one by one
Count my cards, watch them fallBlood on a marble wallI like the way they allScream

***********

Tate

     As I stood there, leaned up against the walls of the restaurant, I really just needed to talk to someone. And not just anyone.

   I needed to talk to Abel. 

   And so, wiping the tears from under my eyes, I reached into my bag and quickly pulled out the burner phone, before snapping my purse shut once again. 

   My shaky hands fumbled with the phone, the tears I just wiped being replaced by a new set, and they blurred my vision as they welled up in my eyes. I swiped through the contacts that Harry had programmed into my phone until finally, I found Abel's name.

   I pressed the call button and brought the phone to my ear. The phone rang out the agonizing dial tone a few times, and I was growing discouraged.

  "Pick up, pick up, pick up," I muttered to myself quietly.

  Right when I was about to give up and end the call, I heard a break in the line, the sound of things clunking around, and finally, a frazzled voice spoke out, a voice that I was so happy to hear.

  "Hello? Tate, is everything okay?" Abel asked in concern.

I pressed my lips together and swallowed the painful lump that had been bobbing up and down in my throat.

   "I am fine...physically...but...but," I trailed off, not even wanting to say the words aloud. 

 "Tate...what happened...where's Harry?" He asked softly.

   "We were at dinner, and I ran to the bathroom to fix my hair, and when I came back...he was in our private room, with some girl straddling his waist, kissing her," I finally managed to get out, the ache in my heart intensifying as I gave the words further validation.

    The line was quiet. I couldn't even hear static, and I pulled the phone away from my ear briefly just to confirm the call was still going.

   "He...he wouldn't. Why would he- oh I'm gonna fucking kill him," Abel seethed into the phone, and I could practically see him gripping it to the point his knuckles turned white.

    "I don't understand it either. Why would he do this? He knew I'd be right back. And the worst part is when I walked back into the room, he didn't even acknowledge that I was there," I sighed.

   "He didn't?" Abel asked, his tone changing to one of genuine surprise.

  "No. He just sat there, with his hands on her hips, he didn't move a muscle-" 

   Suddenly I stopped speaking, and I felt sick.

     "Oh my gosh. Abel...he didn't move a muscle," I said again, emphasizing it even more.

   "Tate...what are you getting at?" Abel asked, sounding just as worried as I felt.

   I could practically feel the blood draining from my body as the realization sunk in.