Chapter Eighteen

Thursday 

The doctor will call you, in a few minutes. Mathias and I are waiting for my eye exam I couldn't do before. It's possible since I'm speaking now. We sit comfortably side by side in the waiting room. Across from us is a lady with her son who can't seem to sit still. The little boy looking about 3 or 4 years old, gets up to touch things and walk around while his mom calls for him to sit down. 

I watch wondering why children don't listen. She gets up, drags him to his seat. Painfully holding his hand while he tries to get up again. Mathias taps me pointing to the nurse who must have called my name. We get up heading back with the nurse. She's not the one last time. We're led to an examination room.

"Hello. This should be quick since it's just an eye test." The nurse announces after closing the door. Mathias is in the chair while I'm on the table. 

"Okay." I want this over with. Hopefully, I won't need glasses. 

"Alright let's get started. My name is nurse Brown. Zina can you please cover your right eye for me and start from this letter here." 

I take the eye cover thing. Putting it over my eye. Looking at the door where there is a paper with letters. The first few are big but become small as they get to the bottom. The letter she pointing at the largest. 

"E." I read out loud. 

"Great, keep going. Take your time." 

I read all the way until the nurse tells me to stop and start over with my other eye covered. In the end, she types something in the computer and takes the eye cover thing.

"We're all done. The doctor will review your results and contact your parent to share them with you. Do you guys have any questions for me?"

I nod no and turn to Mathias. He gets up and shakes her hand.

"Thank you nurse Brown." 

"Your welcome sir. It was a pleasure." 

Mathias holds out his hand for me. I take it and we're on our way out the doctor's office. 
....

"Where do you work?" 

It just came to me I don't know. We've been living together for a while now and there's still so much I don't know about him. 

"I'm a businessman. I have business all over the world. How about we take a trip to my Chicago building?" 

Does he have buildings? How wealthy is he? Probably several buildings. I nod. I'm curious to see where he goes to work. Mathias's control on the string wheel is steady. I analyze him as he drives looking sexy as hell. Every so often he takes a glance at me. His gaze makes me shiver in my seat. 

Whenever his eyes are on me, I just want to hold him, kiss him like there's no tomorrow. He's an expert kisser. His lips make my body tingle and make between my legs wet with something. I love that feeling. 

"Zina. Whenever you look at me like that I want to kiss you." 

Heat travels between my legs rising at his admission. I don't know why, its not like we never kissed before. Am I weird for being so affected? I decide not to bring it up. Mathias takes my hand and squeezes it. Almost like he's reading my mind. 

I like the feel of our skin alongside each other. I like every that part of him is bigger than every part of me. It makes me feel protected and safe. If fierce winds were to blow, he'd shield me from the blunt with his body. With him, nothing can hurt me, nothing like my past. 

When I'm alone I think of my life. What would it be like if Mathias never came to that auction? Would it be the same as it is now? Would I be surrounded by a man I like? Probably not. That's the scariest of all. Somewhere out there another version of me doesn't experience this. Doesn't know Mathias. 

Whatever makes me the lucky one, I'm thankful. I don't know what I did to deserve him but I'm grateful. He's everything to me. Not because he rescued me. Not because he shelters me. Not because he feeds me, but because he shows me, love. In all his actions, in the way, he takes care of me. In the way, he's careful with me. 

"We're here." 

That was fast. We climb out and meet in front of his sleek car. He's parked in a private parking spot reserved for the CEO. The building is one of the tallest I've seen. My eyes travel to the sky, maybe even to outer space when I look to the top. 

"Do you like it?" 

I come to.

"It's nice." 

He nods and takes my hand. Leading us off the sidewalk through revolving doors. The marble floor is so glossy it shows my reflection. Mathias leads us, and along the way, we're stared at. His employees, mostly women. Watch our clasped hands, our closeness. I take them in too. 

We come to an elevator in a corner. It's different than the other we passed. More luxurious. 

"This is my private elevator. Only myself, my personal assistant Olive and driver Richard can use it." 

"Why is everyone looking at us?" 

The door slides shut taking us up. Mathias pulls me closer. I lean in pressing my face into his chest. My favorite place to be. 

He holds me exhaling deep. "I've never brought someone here before. I'm sure they're curious as to who you are to me." 

"Why?" 

"Anyone who has eyes can see your mine."

"Yours? What does that mean?"

I already know. But I want him to say it. His brown eyes say he knows. Knows I'm leading him on. 

"It means you belong to me and I belong to you. You are my lover Zina, my woman." 

I become embroiled with a spark at his words. I am his, he is mine. This is what I've wanted to hear. I lift onto my tippy toes to kiss him. My lips saying how I feel. I whisper out my emotions on his lips with my own. Sucking his sweetness into my mouth, losing myself in him. I am his, he is mine. 

We pull apart when the door slides open. We head out. I smile from our private moment. He looks over to a young woman sitting in a room. The door is half-open. 

"Miss Reed." 

She looks up from her work. Leaving her desk to come see us.

"Mr. King I thought you were taking today off." 

She must be Olive his assistant. Olive has golden blonde hair with grey eyes. A sparse amount of freckles cover the bridge of her nose. She's a few inches taller than me. Olive peers from Mathias to me then back. Her smoky eyes are interested in who I am. Just the same as everyone else. 

"I was but Zina wanted to see my office." 

Olive glances at me. The gears turning in her head. Mathias's assistant is wise enough to know not to voice her curiosity. I like her. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Okay, Mr. King." 

Olive goes back to her office. Mathias and I head to his. We walk in and he closes the door. Meanwhile, I wonder about absorbing everything. The room is like large small apartment. There's even a private bathroom and a closet with some of his suits. I come over to his expansive desk and comfy throne. 

Sitting down in the seat that controls the lives of many. Mathias keen gaze on me as he stands in front the desk. We take in each other. He's wearing a casual pair of worn-out jeans and a clean-cut shirt. A polar opposite from his usual suits tailored for his form. Still he a sight to behold, no matter what he's wearing. 

Mathias takes my breathe away with him just being him. My calculating, thoughtful, mountain of a man. Ahead of ink hair, body carved out from marble, chiseled jaw, noble nose, deep-set lips which serenade woman with just a look. I can't imagine another man who could hold my attention as well as him. 

"Little one, one day soon I'm going to make love to you. You'll be taken by me. Your first and only. I hope you're prepared when that day comes because nothing will stop me from having you." 

Right then and there I wish I was brave enough. If I was I'd ask him why not now? What's stopping you from having me now? I don't. I have no words because he's left me speechless. That day can't come soon enough. 

I lick my lips thinking about how it will be like. I have no ideas what that entails but I want to find out. Mathias stalks me chocolate eyes browned like burnt cinnamon as he comes closer. He comes around spinning his chair so I face him and he's between my legs. 

Mathias picks me up from the chair and takes my place. He sets me back down onto his lap. I immediately grip his shoulder to steady myself. Not that he'd ever let me fall. Mathias undoes my tied up dreadlocks. Their thick stalks fall for his waiting hands. He reaches playing with a few. I love it when be does.

"Your playing with fire when you look at me like you want me to demolish your innocence. I'm hungry for you like no one before." 

His hoarse tones, alluding to his desires. I can sense the room shifting with our rising libidos. My hands can't help but swim through his hair guiding his face to look at me. Mathias's eyes are darkened more than before. I stare into the windows to his soul.

"Mine. I want you to have me Mathias."

"Fuck. Are you trying to kill me? saying things like that is a medicine for madness Zina. You have no ideas the things I want to do to you. The very thought, you are untouched is something that keeps me ready every second. You don't know what you're saying Zina. If you knew you wouldn't be so calm." 

"Really? What do you want to do to me? Whatever it is I want it too. Every time I think about us together I get wet between my legs. My body gets awakened for your touch. I want you in whatever way you want me, Mathias. I want all of you." 

"Fuck. Me. We have to go now." 

Mathias stands to put me down like I weigh nothing. 

"What's wrong? Did I say something?" 

He stops. 

"No little one. You have it wrong. You said what I want to hear. I'm just afraid we're not in the right setting." 

"Oh. Okay. Let's go then I'm getting hungry." 

"You have no idea." 

How was this chapter? Please share your thoughts. I'm really hoping you guys are liking this story.