Chapter Twenty Three

The next morning 

I didn't think I could fall anymore for her. Guess I was wrong. Zina has a way of surprising me. I've come to always expect the unexpected. Everything within me desires everything within her. To think I tried to block these feelings. What made me want to do something so stupid? I will never know. 

Yesterday feels like a dream. Zina accepted me completely. For the first time I made loved instead of f*cking. I will never forget it. Zina took me to a place I never thought possible. I can still feel her warmth being sheathed inside her. She fit like a glove around me. Tight but just the right fit. It took a lot to pull out. I wanted so badly to release inside her heat. 

Zina snores lightly. I can't help but soak her in. Mesmerize that if I blink she won't vanish. Sometimes it feels like I'm dreaming. Like everything that transpired is a dream, I'll wake up any minute. My eyes will open one day and Zina will float away like she never existed. The thought doesn't make sense but it scares me deeply whenever I'm struck by it. 

I don't want another day where she's not beside me. Where I can't hold her, smell her, feel her breathing next to me. I'm often amazed how deeply I've grown to care for her, maybe even love her. Do I? I'm not sure, if I do I never want to wake up from this dream. 

Today is another day I wish I can spend it beside her without leaving. But my company calls. I slide out being as quiet as I can. I hate disrupting her sleep. Especially since she loves it so much. Going to the bathroom I get myself ready.

I go into the expansive walk in closet and select a suit. One that's a 3 piece. I pair it with a bright yellow pocket square and some dark leather round tip shoes. If Zina were awake she'd look at me with googly eyes. Lastly I slick my hair back using pomade to make the top more rugged. Leaving the closet I go by the bed. Leaning in to kiss her sleeping face. My chest flutters when I pull away. Zina moves and turns over snuggling into herself. 

She doesn't wake. I didn't expect her to. The first thing I'll do when I get home is kiss her so hard her knees buckle.
....

"Sir I have some information for you."

In came Leonis, my lawyer. I'm busy but I know if he's here it's something Important. Leonis is thorough and meticulous at his work. I trust him to be and more.

"What do you have for me?"

"I found Zina's birth mom. Her name is Jemila Lewis age 38, unmarried. Zina is her only child. I am still looking for her father." 

Leonis hands me a folder. I'm sure it contains everything on Jemila Lewis I need to know. We're close in age. From the looks of it she completely forgot about the little girl she abandoned. I had Leonis seek her out because I need her to vanquish maternal rights, so I can get Zina emancipated. It's the easiest way for me to get access to Zina's medical information. The only way to free my love from the wretched woman that brought her into this world.

The only thing Jemila did right was Zina. I want this done quickly. I'll meet her, waiting for her to sign away her rights. Hopefully it ends there without me having to pay a lumpsum. 

"Schedule a meeting with her as soon as possible. Don't tell her who I am or the reason. Just mentioned Zina, that should have her moving. If I'm lucky she'll come without any difficulty when she hears her name." 

"Yes sir. I'll get on it. I'll notify you as soon as I have a date and time." 

I know he will. Leonis is dependable. Someone I can count on. What causes me anxiety, is if Jemila will surprise me, and refuse to sign. If she'll want to see Zina. Will this whole thing go left? I don't think I can bear to pull Zina into this. Zina shouldn't have to see her. I'll do everything in my power to make it so. Let's hope I'm doing the right thing. 

Now I'm thinking about her, I want to hear her voice. Zina makes me strong and weak at the same time. If something were ever to happen to her I would fall apart. I wouldn't be able to function. She's become an instrumental part of my life. I can't fathom myself living without. I want to protect her, love her, comfort he, make her laugh, the list goes on an on. I just want her to be happy, live the life she deserves, but most importantly I want to love her. 

Ever since she's came into my life. I finally feel like I have a purpose. Like I have someone to live for. Someone who completes me for the first time. With her at my side I don't have the emptiness. Zina fills it. 

"Hello Mathias." 

"Zina. I needed to hear your voice" 

"You did? Are you okay? Is something wrong?" 

She never seizes to amaze me. Reading me so quickly.

"I have to tell you something but I can't over the phone. I'll tell you when I get home. I want you to promise me something." 

"What is it?" 

"Promise me you won't be disappointed. Can you do that for me, little one?" 

"Yes, I promise. Whatever it is, its okay. Are you sure you're okay?" 

"Yes I'm fine. I just miss you." 

"You do? I miss you too." 

"I always miss you, little one. If I wasn't so back up with work, I'd come home." 

"I know, its okay." 

"Are you sore?" I can only imagine after yesterday.

"Sore? What do you mean?" 

"Do you feel any pain from last night." 

"A little but it's better now. I took another bath when I woke up." 

"Okay. If it still hurts, I'll kiss it better later. I have to go, little one. Be a good girl for me. I love you." 

"... I love you too Mathias." 

If someone walked in then, they'd see a blushing CEO. Floored by his young lover. Zina easily turns me into a mess. 

"I'll see you soon." 

"Okay. Love you." 

Fuck what am I going to do with her. I know exactly what I want. I want to devour her. Make sweet love to her until she see stars. But it's probably too soon. I'm not your average sized man. She needs a few day to heal before I have her again. 

"Mr. King, Ms. King is here to see you." 

Olive pulls her head out. Going back to her office. Why is mom here? I haven't seen her since she, Mathew, and dad dropped in. Right after Marilyn struts in. Head held high, confident as she comes closer. She's impeccably dressed as usual in a wrap red dress which offsets her fiery hair. Complete with gold pumps and matching gold clutch. 

"Mom, I didn't expect you." 

She smiles and sits in the cushion chair in front my desk. I wonder why she's came to see me. 

"Mathias I came to talk about your new plaything. What was her name, oh that's right Zina." 

"I would appreciate if you didn't refer to her as 'plaything.' Zina is much more than that. You could have called. What prompt you to come tell me this?" 

I'm really getting tired of this conversation. 

"I don't like her for you Mathias. She's not right for you." 

"Why is that? Why is Zina not for me. More importantly what gives you the right to say who is right for me." 

Marilyn throws her clutch on my desk. Angry that I'm not agreeing with what she's saying. What did she expect? 

"I have a right because I'm your mother. That girl is nothing but a child. You need a woman not some underaged duckling." 

Now she's really done it. Marilyn is taken a back when my palm slams down hard, shaking everything on the desk.

"Enough!! I won't have you talk about her that way like she's some piece of scrap. Zina may be young but she's far from a child. She is a woman, who gives me something none of the rest could. I won't explain it to you because I don't have to explain myself. I'm an adult. Whoever I decide to love is none of your business. Get out my office before I get more riled up." 

"Mathias!" 

"Go now! I'm not going to listen to another word. Just so you know I'll be letting dad know about this." 

"Wait you don't have to tell your father! Mathias you know how he is when he's angry with me." 

I turn away. If I look at her any longer I'll call security. The one thing I hate is causing a seen. Even if it's my company. When I hear the door shut, I can finally breath easy. Mother or not I won't allow her to disrespect Zina. Sometimes I question what dad sees in her. Marilyn has to dictate everything. 

I won't tell dad about this. He would just be disappointed in her. I only said it so she'd leave. As crazy and controlling as my mother is, her only weakness is James King. All it takes is one look from him to get her subdued. She is madly in love with him since I can remember as a child. That hasn't changed after all these years. 

I was having a great day and one visit from her flushed it down the drain. Zina admitted to loving me. I know she does. After all she told me the night we argued when I refuse her feelings. Zina was affirmative that she'd continue to love me even if I didn't want her. But now it's different. We've said it to each other. I can't wait to say it again in person.  

Please comment and vote!!! This chapter was fun to write. I'm sorry I don't post as often with this story. I'm writing as I go so sometimes I get stuck with what happens next. I'm really into writing it though. This one feels different than my previous works. After Zina is completed I plan to write a bonus chapter for His Insecure Beauty and I'm going to start a new story. Stay tune for that. There is plenty more chapters to come so stay tuned for those too.