Episode 15

Max was both terrified and excited as he stepped on to the dancefloor alone. Jack's words went through his mind.

The guys here will flock around you like flies on shit!

He wasn't stupid. He knew that a lot of men were attracted to skinny young guys like him. All he had to do now was allow it to happen. The only thing stopping him was himself. He'd only ever been with Milo. He felt comfortable with him, but tonight was all about stepping out of his comfort zone.

He started dancing. He didn't have all that much rhythm, but he moved his body to the music as best he could. He looked around at the men around him, trying to see someone of interest. He wasn't sure what his type was. He knew he was attracted to Milo, but maybe he should look for someone very different to him.

He noticed a group of guys, maybe in their mid to late twenties who all clearly spent a lot of time in the gym. They were all shirtless, showing off the results of all their hard work. Max really appreciated them doing so.

He didn't have the muscles that these guys did, but he figured one of them might appreciate his his skinny frame and hairy chest (he hoped they would anyway). So he took his shirt off. He held his t-shirt in his sweaty hand as he awkwardly danced.

He tried to focus on himself and his own dancing at first. He felt eyes on him. He turned to see a man in his thirties making eyes at him. He was a shirtless guy guy with a hairy chest and tattoos up and down each arm.

I like this guy, he thought. He was about as different to Milo as any guy could ever be, which he saw as a plus.

The guy smiled at him. He smiled back. The guy casually danced over to him and got up close and personal. Their chests presses together, then their faces. Max opened his mouth and the two kissed. It felt strange for Max at first, kissing a man who wasn't his boyfriend. He'd only ever been with Milo before.

Even the first time he and Milo had kissed was different. They'd started as friends, so by the time they started dating, they were familiar with each other. Their first kiss had felt comfortable because they already knew each other. Yet here he was doing the exact same thing with a complete stranger.

He felt guilty at first, like he shouldn't be kissing someone else when he already had a boyfriend. But this was what they'd agreed to do. There was a good chance that Milo was doing the exact same thing right now with a stranger of his own. Max wasn't sure how he felt about that. He was happy for Milo to do that, as he really needed the touch of a different man. Somewhere not too far away in this club, there could be a man touching his boyfriend in a way that previously only he'd been allowed to.

He liked the way the man's face felt against his. He had a heavy stubble, which rubbed against his skin. It was so completely different to Milo's cleancut face. He kept waiting for the man to pull away, but the kiss went on for several minutes, getting more and more intense by the second. The man pushed his tongue further into Max's mouth. His hands started on Max's back, then moved down to his ass, slipping one down the back of his underwear. He could feel the guy was hard, as it was pressing into his leg.

Max started to feel a little uncomfortable. He pulled away from the guy. The guy tried to kiss him again, but he stepped back.

'I'm sorry,' said Max

'Prick tease,' said the guy angrily, then turned around, no doubt looking for someone to finish what he'd started with Max.

Max moved elsewhere on the dance floor. He was determined not to be put off by one asshole guy.

But his heart wasn't in it anymore. He wanted to go and see his friends. He wanted to go home and spend the night with his boyfriend.

He retreated from the dancefloor, defeated in his mission. He didn't know how Milo had been getting on and he didn't want to know. He wasn't giving up on this whole open relationship thing. He knew it could be a good thing for them both if they gave it a real try. But he was done with it for tonight.

He went back to where he'd left the gang earlier to catch up with them. He wanted to let Ali know he was okay, as she'd been so worried about him. He couldn't see her. The only one left was Jack and he had his tongue down the throat of some cute young blonde guy. He didn't want to disturb them, but he needed to know where everyone else was.

'Oh hey Max,' said Jack as he noticed him standing there.

'Where's Ali?' he asked.

Jack shrugged. He'd been so wrapped up with Oscar for the last half hour that he hadn't even noticed she'd gone. He checked his phone to see he had a message from her.

'She's gone home,' he said. 'I think I'm going to go soon actually too.'

Oscar had asked Jack to go back to his hotel with him and Jack had agreed.

Max found it strange for Ali to go without saying goodbye.

'Is Milo back yet?'

'I haven't seen him.'

'I'm here.'

Max turned round to see Milo was back with them. Part of him wanted to ask how he'd gone on, but he decided that was a conversation to have tomorrow.

'You ready to go?' Max asked him.

'Sure am,' said Milo and the four of them left the club.