Episode 26

'No regrets about last night?' Luke asked Max.

'Not one,' said Max.

'Sure you can't stop a bit longer?'

'I'd love to, but I said I'd meet some friends. I kind of neglected them yesterday.'

'Because you were with me?'

'And I wouldn't change it for the world, but I should probably check in with them.'

Max looked around the floor for his T-shirt.

'Want me to drop you off in town?' Luke asked.

'It's fine, I'll get the bus. Give me a kiss before I go.'

Luke did as he was told.

'Your shoes are in the front room,' said Luke.

'You coming to see me out?'

'Of course.'

Max put his shoes on and tied up the laces. He would be more than happy spending the whole day in bed with him, but he knew he should spend some time with Milo too.

He'd had such an amazing time with Luke last night. From the moment they'd got in, they'd started kissing and ripping off each other's clothes.

Max loved Luke's body. He was muscular with thick arms and a slightly hairy chest. It was the exact opposite to Milo's skinny smooth frame. He was into both equally, but he liked the change.

He liked feeling the weight of Luke's body on his. He liked the way that Luke took charge of things in bed. After a good half hour of kissing and sucking, without any discussion, Luke had leaned over to his bedside cabinet, taken out a condom and rolled it on to himself. He was really well hung, but so was Milo, so he was used to that. Luke's style as a lover was also very different.

Milo and Max's style of love making was very tender and slow. He wasn't making love with Luke. They were fucking. Luke held on to his wrists or hands and fucked him hard and fast. When it was all over, they'd cuddled up in bed, both drenched head to toe in sweat.

Luke opened the door to let Max out, then closed it again. 'Before you go ' he said, 'I'd just like to ask...would you like to see me again?'

Max wasn't sure what the rules were on this. Where they allowed to see the same person again? All he knew at that moment though was what that really did want to see Luke again.

'I'd like that,' he said, 'send me a message later on.'

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

Across town, Milo was cuddled up in his ex-boyfriend's bed, where he'd spent the night. He woke up in Sam's arms.

'Morning sleepyhead,' said Sam.

'Morning,' said Milo. 'What time is it?'

'Just after nine. You want coffee?'

'Not if it means you have to get out of bed to do it.'

They snuggled closer together. Sam was enjoying this moment so much. He'd really missed Milo and thought he'd missed his chance when he saw Milo was with someone else. But if Milo did have a boyfriend, why was he now in his bed with him?

He remembered the conversation Milo had last night on the phone. He knew from that they were still together. Back when he was with Michael, that might not have bothered him. In fact, it could have been an advantage as Milo had been quite clingy back then, and wanting more than he could give. Now he was single it was different. He'd missed Milo so much over the last few months. Now they had the opportunity to have the open and honest relationship Milo has wanted from the start. Sam wanted that from him, but he didn't know what the situation was. He knew he had no right to ask after the way he'd treated Milo before, but he had to know.

'Can we talk about last night?' he said.

Milo smiled. 'Yeah, it was amazing.'

'It was, but that's not what I meant. That phone call you got last night. That was from your boyfriend, right?'

'Max, yeah.'

'Does he know about us?.'

'He knows about what happened on Saturday night. I'll tell him about last night when I see him again today.'

'So he's okay with it?'

'He was a bit reluctant because it was with you, but it's allowed.'

'You have an open relationship?'

'Yeah.'

'But you're happy with him?'

Milo nodded. 'Yeah, we have a great relationship.'

'You love him?'

'Yeah.'

Sam wanted to ask Milo if he loved him too, but didn't want to seem too needy.

'You think you're in it for the long haul?'

'Who knows? Maybe.'

Sam knew that just sleeping with Milo wasn't enough. He wanted to be with him fulltime, but was worried now that he might have missed his chance.

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

When Jack and Oscar woke up, it hit them both that they were now in their last few hours together. They'd been avoiding the subject as they felt that talking about it made it real. But Oscar was leaving for his flight home that afternoon. They couldn't avoid the subject any longer.

'Do you think we'll see each other again?' said Jack.

'Do you want to?' said Oscar.

'I really do,' said Jack.

'So do I,' said Oscar, 'but everything I said to you last year still stands. I have responsibilities at home. It's probably going to be another year until meet again.'

'But I don't want you to walk away without even the chance we could be together,' said Jack. 'I know that's what we did last time, but as soon as you left I knew it was a mistake. Losing all contact with you was so hard. If we'd been together all that time, then...well I think things could have been really different. I think we were meant meet each other again in the way we did.'

'I think we were too, but where can we go from here? It's not like I can be your boyfriend.'

'It already feels like you are.'

'Yes, when we're together it does. But it's going to be a long time till that happens again. I can't expect you to sit around and wait for me. It wouldn't be fair.'

'So what do we do?'

'We stay in touch. We get on with our lives. If in a year's time when I see you again you're still single, then we pick up where we left off. If you're with someone, then that's fine. I'll be happy to be your friend.'

'But you'll still be in my life?'

'Always.'

They kissed.

'I know I shouldn't say this,' said Jack, 'and I know we haven't had all that much time together, but I feel things with you that I haven't felt in a while. I won't say the words, because it would be too hard to say goodbye if I did, but I do.'

'I do too.' said Oscar.

They looked at each other for a moment. Oscar ran his fingers through Jack's hair, which was longer than last time.

'Do you need to go and meet your friends?' Oscar asked.

'I said I would.'

'Okay.'

'But I'd rather spend my time in bed with you.'

'I've got a few hours left yet.'

'Then that's what we'll do.'

Author's Note

How are Jack and Oscar going to say goodbye each other?

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider giving me a like or dropping me a comment.