Episode 21

Kai felt like he'd given Ali enough time. She hadn't responded to any of his messages all day. He needed to talk to her now. If anything, he was angry with her now. Firstly for ever believing he could do something like that to her. Secondly for being so immature and refusing to talk to him. He wanted this sorted. When he looked at Facebook, he could see Jack had checked in at a bar in Soho, along with a photo of them sitting outside. Ali wasn't in the photo, but she knew wherever Jack was, she was never far behind.

He didn't live far from Soho, so he put on his shoes and went to meet her before they moved elsewhere. The photo had only been posted about ten minutes ago, so he assumed they'd still be there. As he walked around the corner, he saw her sitting there with a drink in her hand, laughing at something with Jack.

It made him even more angry. He'd been miserable all day and she was having a great time. He wondered if this relationship meant as much to her as it did him. It seemed not.

Truth was that she did care as much, but had got as drunk as she could to try and forget what had happened. The more she'd thought about it, the more she'd doubted what she'd seen. She'd contemplated calling him a few times, but had second thoughts each time. Every time she took her phone out, memories flashed back to her of her boyfriend's lips on his ex-girlfriend's.

'Having a good time?' he said to her. She turned around to see him standing above her.

'Oh, you're here.' She stopped laughing.

'Can we talk?'

'I'm not sure I'm ready yet.'

'This is ridiculous. I've given you time to think about it, but now I've got to have my say. I didn't kiss Beth. She knew you were there and kissed me at the exact moment you were close enough to see. She said what she did about us spending time together because she wanted to cause trouble. She wants me back. She's been messaging me nonstop, but I've told her to leave me alone. I told her that I love my girlfriend, but the thing is I'm wondering how much you really love me. I'm so upset that you could think I could ever do this to you. I thought we trusted each other. I know I've told you about times in my past when I haven't been faithful, but that was because I wanted total honesty with you. I'd never do anything like that to you. I'm a different man to who I was back then.'

Ali could see in his eyes that he was telling the truth. She suddenly felt terrible for the way she'd acted. 'Kai, I'm so...'

'Never mind,' he cut her off. 'I'm done.'

He turned around and walked away.

'...sorry,' Ali finished her sentence.

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

Milo felt strange watching his boyfriend chat to another guy. The way he felt was somewhere in the middle between jealousy and exhilaration. He was the one who'd wanted this to happen. It wasn't just to ease his guilt after what happened with Sam. They'd talked about it. They knew it was the best thing for their relationship. It wasn't like they were even doing anything. They were only talking.

Luke excused himself and went to the bathroom. Milo moved closer to Max. 'How's it going?' he asked.

'Really good,' said Max. 'He's really hot. Did you see how hot he was?'

'Yeah,' said Milo, 'he is.'

'This is okay, isn't it?'

'Oh absolutely. I'm just interested.'

'His name's Luke. He plays rugby.'

'I assumed he did. Why isn't he in kit like the others?'

'It's a long story, but he's new to the team. He used to be part of a different team.'

'And do you think the two of you will...?'

'I'm not sure. We're just talking right now, but we'll see.'

Milo wasn't sure at what point he should tell Max that he was talking to Sam again. He didn't want to have any secrets from him, as that was how their relationship worked, but he figured he'd see how things went with Max and Luke first.

'Come on everyone, drink up,' said Jack.

'Are we moving on?' said Max.

'We need to get to Tramps to get a good spot. Drag superstar is on soon.'

'What's Drag Superstar?' asked Oscar.

Jack looked at him, like he couldn't believe he didn't know what it was. Then he remembered that Oscar lived in a remote farming village in Sweden most of the year.

'It's a show on TV where they try to find the next big drag queen. It's a big thing here, so they always show it on Sundays in Tramps bar. It's the final today.'

'That sounds amazing,' said Oscar. He didn't really see much gay culture where he lived, so was excited to see the show.

'Do you have a favourite who you want to win?' asked Oscar.

'You could say that. My dad is one of the finalists.'

Oscar looked shocked. 'You're kidding?!'

'No, he's the resident drag queen at Tramps too, so that's why they show it in there.'

'Then we must go. I can't wait to see your father perform.'

They downed their drinks and held hands, ready to go.

Max turned to Luke. 'I think my friends are going,' he said. 'Do you want to come with us.?'

Luke was torn. In just a few hours he'd made friends with and been included by the rugby team, now he was chatting to a cute guy that he really liked. Things had gone so differently to how they had done yesterday. He wanted to stay with the team and get to know them better, but he also wanted to stay with Max.

'I want to, but...'

'It's okay,' said Max, senaing he was torn. 'I could always stay and catch up with them later. If you want me to?'

'I'd really like that.'

They smiled at each other.

'I'll just tell my...' Max was about to say boyfriend, but realised he hadn't explained to Luke what their situation was. He didn't want to scare Luke off.  Of course if anything were to happen between them, then there would be a point where he'd have to explain. But that time wasn't yet. They were just talking.

He turned to Milo. 'I think I might stay here a while, if that's okay?'

'Sure,' said Milo. 'Shall we see you later on?'

'Yeah, I'll text you.'

'There's no rush. Probably best if you spend time with him without your boyfriend looking over your shoulder.'

'Yeah maybe. Okay, I'll let you know what I'm up to later on.'

'Okay baby.'

Usually they'd kiss when they left each other, but it didn't seem appropriate.

'I'll see you later on then.'

Milo, Ocean, Jack, Oscar and Ali all went to Tramps together, leaving Max alone with Luke.

Now they were alone it seemed more like a date. Max looked at Luke. He really was a beautiful man. His hair was perfectly styled, his stubble perfectly trimmed. His shirt was open a couple of buttons and Max could see the V of his perfectly formed slightly hairy chest. Physically he was the complete opposite to Milo, which was what made him such a good candidate. Plus the fact that he seemed like a really nice guy. Max liked him a lot and Luke seemed to like him back.

Author's Note

Has Ali blown it with Kai? Is Milo fixing his boyfriend up with someone else going to end in disaster? A couple more episodes to post this weekend.

If you enjoyed this chapter, please consider giving me a like or dropping me a comment. It really makes my day.

Hope you're all keeping safe