Episode 17

'This is Kai we're talking about,' said Jack. 'He'd never cheat on you.'

'I know what I saw. The two of them were kissing,' said Ali.

'Are you sure? We'd all had a lot to drink and it was really dark in there. You must be mistaken.'

Ali had been doubting herself as to what she'd seen. Now that Jack was talking her down, she was even more confused. She was so used to men letting her down that to assume the worst had become her default setting.

'Well I'm not ready to see him yet anyway,' she said digging her heels in. 'I need some time to think.'

'Where is he today anyway?' Jack asked.

'Probably still at home. He's been texting me nonstop.'

'Maybe you should reply. You've got too much of a good thing going to throw it away on misunderstanding. Just talk to him.'

Ali and Jack were sat outside on of the soho bars, in the sun. They both had a beer already. Ali planned on seeing through her plan of getting extremely drunk.

'Anyway, Oscar's here now. I don't want him to think you're being dramatic.'

'Well I'm sorry if my love life is inconvenient to you and your new boyfriend.'

'I'm sorry, I just don't want him to feel uncomfortable. I can't wait for you to meet him. You're going to love him.'

'Hi.' said the cute blonde boy stood by their table.

'Hi,' said Jack. He stood up and kissed him on the lips. 'I've missed you.'

Ali wasn't really in the mood to hear them being so loved up, but she put on a brave face and smiled. She knew how important it was to Jack.

'This is my best friend Ali. Ali, this is Oscar.'

'It's nice to meet you,' said Ali. 'I've heard so much about you.'

'I'll get you a drink,' said Jack. 'What do you want?'

'I'm not sure. I'll come in with you.'

'Be back in a minute,' Jack said to Ali, and the two boys walked off hand in hand towards to bar.

Ali sat alone, wondering if Jack was right. Maybe Kai hadn't done anything. She was so confused. She didn't know what to do.'

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

'I can stay home if you want?' said Ocean. 'We could spend the day together.'

'I think you should go,' said Danny. 'I bet Jack is looking forward to seeing you.'

'Maybe I'll just go for a little while then. I'll spend some time with him, then come home.'

'It's up to you, but don't feel like you have to. If you want to stay, then you should.'

'We'll see.'

They kissed, then Ocean left through the front door. He was looking forward to seeing Jack. They'd seen each other briefly at the bar last night, but Ocean was working, so they didn't get much chance to talk.

He felt guilty every time he saw Jack. They'd become really close, but he was hiding a huge secret from him. As much as Jack had made his peace with Danny and what happened, he might not be so forgiving if he knew that Ocean was dating his attacker. But Danny had attacked Ocean too and he'd been able to forgive him. More than forgive him. He loved him.

He told himself he was only keeping this secret from Jack because he didn't want to hurt him, but that wasn't it. He and Jack had finally got to a good place. He didn't want Jack to hate him. He knew that his reasons for keeping the secret were selfish ones.

Things would be really awkward today anyway. He'd spent the day before with Sam and his family. Now he'd be spending the day with Sam's ex bit on the side. He'd never really had the chance to meet Milo. He'd seen him with Jack and Ali in the bar, but never really spoken to him. He just hoped the two of them were not left alone together, trying to make uncomfortable small talk.

He'd much rather spend the day with his boyfriend. He decided he'd go for a couple of hours then go home to him.

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

Milo and Max had put the subject to bed of what had happened the night before. Max was in two minds as to how he should feel. He was still up for the possibility of an open relationship. The fact that Milo had already been with someone made things much easier for him. Now if anything did happen with him and another guy, then he wouldn't have to feel guilty.

But despite himself, he did feel jealous. He wasn't sure if it was the thought of Milo with someone else, or because it had been with Sam. He knew how much Milo had loved Sam. Could Milo still have some of those feelings? He was his first love, after all. When they'd discussed doing this, this hadn't been talked about. They could sleep with other people, but this was different. There was love involved. Possibly. He didn't want to ask Milo about it again. He'd told him it had been a one off and he chose to believe him.

Milo hadn't planned on contacting Sam again. He knew that Sam didn't have his number, so if he didn't message him first, then there was no way way of him getting in touch.

He did really want to see Sam again. The sex between them was always amazing and it was hard not taking that opportunity up again, especially knowing how much Sam wanted it. But he didn't want to mess up what he had with Max. He was crazy about him. The two of them had something really great.

They had a couple more days of Pride left. There was a chance that he could meet up with someone new, that would leave Sam as a distant memory.  But more than that, he thought about Max. He really wanted Max to get laid this weekend too so they would be equal. As it stood, only one of them had taken advantage of the arrangement and that didn't feel good.

'Are you ready?' Milo asked.

'Yep,' said Milo. They linked hands, walked out the house to go and meet Jack and Ali.

Author's Note

Hey - hoped you enjoyed this chapter. I'm really excited about where I'm going with these characters. More drama to come.

If you're enjoying the story, please consider giving me a like ir dropping me a comment. They mean so much to me.