Episode 25

'What time is it?' said Jack. Oscar looked at his watch.

'Just after nine.'

'Did you want to go to a club tonight?'

'I don't mind either way. What did you have in mind?'

'How about we get a bottle of wine from the shop, order a takeaway and go back to your room?'

'Sounds perfect.'

So that's what they did. As m Jack walked hand in hand with Oscar, he couldn't remember a time when he'd ever felt so happy. He was still on a high after his dad's success, and was going back to spend the evening with a guy he was crazy about.

He tried not to think about what was coming up. He knew that soon Oscar would be leaving his life. He thought back to last year. They'd said goodbye, expecting to never see each other again. They'd thought it for the best, as they both knew there could never be a future for them. They lived in two completely different worlds. He wasn't sure he could say goodbye in that same way again. He'd cried the last time Oscar had left, but this time it was different. He'd become even more attached than he had last time. He was starting to fall for Oscar and the feeling was mutual.

They'd linked up on all social media profiles. They knew they couldn't cut all ties like they'd done last time. They both wanted to stay in touch, but nothing had changed since last year. Oscar had responsibilities of the farm, and Jack certainly didn't want to leave the city behind for life in the country. There was still no way it could continue after the weekend. They were both ignoring the obvious so they could enjoy the time they had left together.

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

Luke was reluctant to ask. Max was a few years younger than he was, so he didn't want to assume they were in the same place. He wanted them to spend the night together. They'd only just met, but he felt he was ready. He didn't want to put any pressure on him though.

By the way they'd been all over each other, it seemed like that was the way it was going.

They hit another couple of bars together. The words were on Luke's lips, but he couldn't manage to get them out. In the end he didnt have to. Max kissed him and said, 'you want to...tonight?'

Luke nodded. 'Yes, if you feel ready.'

'I really do.'

They both smiled and kissed again.

'You want to come back to mine?' Luke asked.

'I'd like that.'

'You ready now?'

'I was ready hours ago.'

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

Ali went over to Kai's place. Her heart was in her mouth as she knocked on the door. Usually she'd just let herself in with her key, but some how it didn't feel right. It was a more formal meeting than usual, as they'd parted on bad terms last time they'd seen each other.

He opened the door. He was just in his sweatpants and an old T-shirt, so clearly had no intentions of going back out again. 'Hi,' he said, 'come in.' He didn't greet her with his usual warm smile.

Ali knew she had a lot to make up for. He'd done absolutely nothing wrong, she knew that. She'd let her own insecurities come out. She didn't want to, but sometimes it just happened.

She sat down on the chair, next to where Kai was on the couch. Normally they'd both snuggle up on there together, but this wasn't one of those times. As much as she wanted to get close to him, she knew that would have to wait. She just hoped she hadn't messed things up so badly that they'd never get to do that again.

'Can I talk first?' said Ali. 'I need to make sure I get this out whilst it's on my mind. I don't want to leave anything out.'

'Sure,' he said, 'go on.'

She took a deep breath.

'Well first of all, I want you to know that I believe you. I know you'd never do that to me. I've known that all along, but I went into self-destruct mode and started accusing you. See the thing is, I've never been with someone who treats me in the way you do. I've been messed around and let down by every man I've ever dated.'

'I'm not like the other guys,' said Kai.

'I know that. But there was just something in me that jumped to the wrong conclusion. The last guy I kind of dated really let me down. I was there for him through all this stuff he was going through. He was in a bad way and I tried to support him. I really liked him, but every time I gave him a chance, he let me down. He always disappeared the next morning without even saying goodbye. I guess that affected me more than I thought it had. But I love you. I trust you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I'm willing to prove it.'

'How?'

Ali thought for a few moments, deciding if she was going to do what she was contemplating doing. This was her moment. She took a box out of her pocket and got down on one knee.

'I know it isn't meant to be the girl who does this and I know it's only been six months, but I know you're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I don't ever want to another day without you. This last couple of days have made me realise that even more. So what I'm trying to say...Kai Master, will you marry me?'

Kai looked at her in total disbelief. Ali couldn't work out if it was a good thing or a bad look.

'Say something,' she said. 'Even if it's a no, and you don't to be with me anymore, I just need to know.'

Kai joined her on his knees, then produced a little box of his own. He smiled and opened it up.

'I will if you will,' he said.

Ali started to cry.

'You mean...you want to marry me too?' she said.

'More than anything,' he said. 'But you've got to talk to me. We need to be totally honest with each other if this is going to work out.'

'Deal.'

She flung her arm around him.

They both tried the rings on.

'It's a perfect fit,' said Ali.

'Yeah,' said Ali. 'Just like you and me.'

Author's Note

Sorry, I know that was a cheesy line to end the chapter on. I couldn't resist it.

Hope you're all doing okay. As always, if you liked the chapter, please consider giving it a like or dropping me a comment.