Chapter III

LUKE'S POV

I jumped and flopped onto the couch outside in the garage, picking up my 6 string that was leaning against the coffee table. Strumming the guitar softly calmed me down a heap after my conversation with Julie. One of the hardest things about being a ghost is 100% the fact that I cannot sleep. The waiting in between the night is so hard to keep myself occupied with the guys without playing music that would wake up the neighbourhood. As I lost myself in thought I felt eyes staring me down.

"Sooooo what did Julie want?" Reggie asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh nothing, I think she just wanted to know how she could touch us all of a sudden." I replied casually.

"You sureeeeeeeeee?" Alex questioned in a funny voice jumping onto the couch very close to me.

"What's up guys?" I sat up putting down my guitar, leaning against the coffee table.

I looked over at the boys, both having that stupid look on their face that I can remember back when we were at school together.

"Seriously, what?" I asked again.

I saw the boys looking at each other before repeating at the same time. "You like her!"

"What's with you two? We are just friends and music partners." I slyly replied.

"No, you like her," Reggie clapped back with a sing-songy voice.

"Luke it's okay. We've known you forever, we are more than bandmates, we are family. Reg and I know you better than anybody else. You can be honest with us." Alex confirmed with a sincere voice.

"Guys I don't like Julie like that," I answered looking down at my lap. "Even if I did, I'm a ghost it wouldn't matter anyway. And besides Julie doesn't think of me that way either."

The boys and I sat in silence once I finished my speech. I sat there realising that maybe I did like Julie. I couldn't stand being there anymore, in that studio. I needed time to think. Without a second to spare I vanished completely leaving the guys behind. I went somewhere no one would find me, not even the guys or Julie.

I sat in the school gym, the same spot that we had played our first gig with Julie. The first time that anyone had seen or heard us play in 25 years. I sat on the edge of the stage my legs hanging off dangling in the air. So much has happened since we came back from wherever we were. Thoughts kept going around in my head, every time I got close to Julie it was like a magnet pulling me in. All the times we would lock eyes on stage, her caring heart.

What am I even thinking anymore, I can't like Julie. Pulling out a piece of scrap paper from my back pocket and pen that I always kept on me I started making a list.

DO I LIKE JULIE

Pros

She is kindest person I have ever met

Her love for music is inspiring

We write amazing songs together

I love being around her

She makes me feel alive again

She is beautiful

I can't help but be drawn to her

Cons

I'm technically dead

What kind of relationship could we have

Julie should be able to live a normal life

I don't know how long I will be here

She definitely doesn't like me that way

After I wrote out the messy list I flipped the lined paper over to the other side. My hand moving faster, rolling with my thoughts. I began writing out an entire song, whether you'd call it a love song I couldn't tell you. All I knew in that moment is that I felt more at peace than I had been since playing on stage for the first time. Once I finished the last word I looked at the heading, knowing exactly the name it needed.

SOUL CONNECTION

HERE IS THE NEW PART GUYS HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THIS STORY SO FAR :) 

- COURTNEY