Chapter X

JULIE'S POV:

I woke up on the couch in the garage the next morning. I smiled remembering all the stupid stuff I had gotten up to with the guys last night. I definitely remember a weird game of would you rather that got out of hand. I checked the clock that I hung on the wall next to the piano, I gasped quietly realising that I had to meet Flynn in half an hour and I still had to get ready. I scribbled out a note for the guys that told them I'd be back in the afternoon and ran out of the garage up to the house as quickly as I could. I jumped into the shower so fast and brushed my teeth before scrambling to my wardrobe. I scanned all the clothes trying to think what the best combo would be for a shopping day. I settled on a plain white t-shirt with a black strappy casual dress over the top with my old school black vans.

I changed super fast running out of my room, I shouted bye to my dad and ran out the front door. I was super out of breath by the time I got to the front gate. I spotted Flynn leaning against the mailbox, rocking her signature lock necklace.

"Hey girl." Flynn yelled seeing me. As I walked over to her I wrapped my arms around her tightly pulling her close into a hug.

"Let's go SHOPPING." Flynn sang in a really off pitch voice.

LUKE'S POV:

After I woke up from last night's activities I expected to see Julie still sleeping on the couch. (YES I MADE THE BOYS BE ABLE TO SLEEP. LET'S BE HONEST GHOSTING MUST BE TIRING 🤣🤣) When I looked over all I could see was a note next to a scrunched up blanket. I smiled remembering back to last night when Julie had passed out on the couch and I pulled a spare blanket out from the loft and laid it over her.

I picked up the scrap piece of paper that I recognised that Julie kept on the coffee table for emergency song ideas. It had the most beautiful handwriting.

'Hey guys, heading out to the mall with Flynn. I'll be back before band practice. P.S Alex don't let the guys pressure you into talking to Willie until you're ready. P.P.S Reggie stop using Carlos's laptop to look up rock music websites. P.P.P.S Luke thanks for the blanket.'

I smiled at the last part of the sentence. Ugh what is wrong with me? I couldn't help beating myself up inside. I'm being so stupid. I'm not even human, I'm still technically a ghost. I just can't help my heart fluttering at the idea of Julie, even her writing had some kind of hold on me.

"What's that?" Reggie asked, causing me to jump in the air.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked him as I tried to calm down.

"Eh long enough to know that you've been reading that note for way too long to be considered normal." Reggie used that stupid smirk on me.

"Uh I'm gonna go for a walk." I spoke before I handed Reggie the note that Julie left.

I almost tried to walk through the door again before I stopped myself. I decided just to do a small test with my hand. Still nothing it wouldn't go through. Sighing I pushed open the door and walked along the path that led up to Julie's house. I opened the door quickly, slipping inside looking around for her father or brother. I couldn't see anyone, I decided to head upstairs, I needed somewhere I could quietly think and be alone for a bit. As I got closer to Julie's room I flashed back to the first time I was caught in there with the boys. I smiled as I remembered when I laid across Julie's bed and asked her where the kitchen was. I couldn't help it, she just had such a cute look on her face when she was mad. Before I knew it I opened the door to her room, shutting in behind me to avoid suspicion from her dad. I knew that her room was supposed to be off limits but I couldn't help wanting to be close to her.

I scanned the room, it was definitely messier than the last time we were in here. I walked over to her dresser seeing the photo of her mum that she had moved back there from when Alex dropped it. Even though I couldn't see her mum in the photo I could tell that looked alike. I turned around leaning against the dresser as I looked over her bed. There were clothes scattered across the duna, I'm guessing that happened on Julie's way to meet Flynn this morning. I giggled at the thought of Julie throwing clothes that she didn't like on her bed. My giggling stopped when my eyes landed on a familiar box.

I smiled as I moved closer to the shelf that it sat on, a memory clear as day.

FLASHBACK

"Hey Julie what's in the box"

"That's off limits."

"Oh okay GIRL STUFF"

.

"Julie?"

"Oh my gosh I thought I told you to leave that alone."

"I know, you just should have said nothing cause now I can't stop thinking about it. So what's in the box Julie?"

"It's just my dream box okay. Whenever I get a thought or something I write it down and get it out of my mind."

END FLASHBACK

I couldn't help but be pulled over by her dreambox. There was something so unique about Julie but the fact that we didn't kill me knowing I already went in there was very surprising. The words that she wrote about Flynn were so powerful, but I knew that going in there again would result in potential dismemberment. I touched the top of the box, gliding off the coloured sparkly glue that spelled out Julie's name.

Suddenly there was a thud. CRAP. I accidently knocked the dreambox off the shelf. CRAP CRAP CRAP. Julie is actually going to kill me if this is broken. I quickly scrambled trying to assess any damage. I sighed in relief as the box was fine, but when I looked around I realised all the folded pieces of paper were now scattered across Julie's floor. OH CRAP. I need to put this back before Julie comes home. 

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR LOVE. I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS AND SEEING YOUR THEORIES ABOUT WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. ALSO SO THANKFUL AND HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS I'VE OFFICALLY GOT THE NUMBER ONE HASHTAG ON JUKE STORIES TODAY!!! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT IN THE COMMENTS.

- COURTNEY