Chapter XXIII

JULIE'S POV:

I got up early this morning trying to get ready for this date but I was beyond nervous. I think I had changed my outfit like 10 times before I settled on my original outfit idea. Once I had finished my makeup I walked out of my room and went to say bye to my dad who was working on his photos in the living room.

"Hey dad, I'm heading out." I smiled moving towards him giving him a hug from behind.

"That's nice Julie, where are you going?"

I froze for a moment, do I tell him the truth, do I lie. "I'm heading out with Luke."

"Oh to show him around, that's nice. Have a good day." Dad answered.

Without correcting him I yelled bye again and walked to the front door. I didn't know if I should wait for Luke here or wait for him outside. I was way too nervous at the moment. Before I had made any sort of decision there was a loud knock from the other side of the door. I smiled widely but also shyly.

I walked over and opened the door wide, when I looked up at Luke I lost all my words. I had only ever seen him with cut off shirts and a hoodie. There was something so subtly both hot and handsome about his outfit. A simple white button up with rolled sleeves, black jeans without any rips and crisp white shoes. I just mumbled 'wow' under my breath.

LUKE'S POV:

I had finally got dressed in the garage, the boys trying to pump me up before I walked up to the house to pick her up.

"Maybe this is a bad idea. Maybe she doesn't even want to go." I suddenly got super nervous. I don't get nervous. I'm Luke.

"Take a deep breath, you'll be fine of course Julie wants to go on a date with. She wouldn't have said yes otherwise." Alex spoke calmly, almost instantly calming me down.

I tried to adjust my shirt to sit properly before I walked out the garage door. Alex and Reggie both yell out their good lucks and be safe mantras. I felt myself just constantly rolling my eyes at these guys. I walked up the pathway to the house, my nerves kicking back in when I stood right in front of the door. I knocked on the door taking deep breaths. When it opened I felt my jaw literally drop to the ground. I always was in awe of how beautiful Julie was but today something was different.

"Wow! Julie you look...you look so beautiful."

"So do you...uh...I mean you look handsome." Julie stumbled over her words blushing looking down.

I smiled at Julie's cute stumble over her words, everything she did was cute. I moved out of Julie's way to let her walk out of the house. As she closed the door behind her I wiped my hands on my jeans trying to stop my nerves.

When Julie turned back around I didn't want to wait for any awkward silences so I quickly reached to grab her hand. I saw a small smile creep its way onto her face. We both slowly moved over towards the gate to head off on our date.

When we reached the gate I quickly turned around towards Julie. "So just cause I don't know who can and can't see me I thought it would be nice to do something private. But I promise it will be fun."

Julie smiled at me as we started walking down towards the first location for the date. When we rounded the corner I spotted the picnic that the boys told me they would set up this morning for us. Those guys were honestly the best. I smiled when I saw the look on Julie's face, I think she was shocked and impressed more than anything. The spot was perfect, the picnic was on a cliff overlooking the ocean in a private area of LA. The sound of the waves crashing were almost rhythmic.

"My mum and dad used to bring me here when I was younger. I was so happy when I found out it was still here. It is a spot that means a lot to me." I spoke quietly.

"Luke, I love it. It is so beautiful."

Leading her over to the blanket we sat down to eat our picnic for lunch. It was so sweet, there was never a time I spent with Julie that I didn't love. We started talking about anything and everything. Julie told me all about her mum, when she was younger. Her mum sounded like the most amazing person when Julie talked about her. I told her some stuff about my childhood, although I kept avoiding it when I was older. I just didn't know how to talk about my biggest regrets, it wasn't really something I wanted to bring up on a first date.

When we finished I reached my hand down to help Julie up from the ground. I didn't know if it was lame or whatever but I couldn't help myself. I saw Julie try to hide her smile when she grabbed my hand to get up. When I pulled her up I spun her around quickly and pulled her into my body. It was definitely a cute moment, I could tell based on the blush that was covering Julie's cheeks.

"Onto the next spot then."

"Oh where are we going?" Julie asked me both excitedly but also curiously.

"It's still a surprise Jules." I smiled, not letting go of her hand.

We walked for a while until we had reached our next location. It was a small run down bar at the edge of Hollywood boulevard.

"I know it doesn't look like a lot but this was where the guys and I played our first ever gig together." I spoke up seeing her face plagued with confusion.

"Wow really?"

"Yeah we had just got together as a band and one of Alex's parents friends owned this bar and said we could play a gig here. It wasn't that great to be honest, we were really new but this is one of my best memories of our band."

"Thank you for bringing me here." Julie smiled up at me.

"You know this is where I wrote our first ever proper Sunset Curve song. Bobby never recorded it because it wasn't that great and it was before he was in the band but it was special to me."

"What was the song?" Julie asked, turning to face me.

"Breathing Deeply. It was about starting the band, being nervous of failing but doing it together."

"How come I've never heard of this song?" Julie asked with confusion.

"I guess I just never thought it was that good, it was my first ever song." I spoke looking down, I never usually was insecure about my music. This was just one sore spot I had.

I felt Julie's finger under my chin lifting my face up to look at her. "I'm sure that it is a great song. I would love to hear it some time."

I looked at Julie, knowing in that moment I wanted to kiss her so much. I knew this was not the time, but all of me wanted to kiss her at that moment.

I broke away my gaise trying hard to hide from Julie my desire at that moment.

"I've been having an amazing day Luke." Julie spoke up looking back at the rundown bar.

"There is one more place we have to go." I spoke up grabbing her hand again pulling her towards the last place I wanted to take her. 

HEY GUYS SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE BUT I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS CHAPTER. THE STORY IS ABOUT TO GET SUPER INTERESTING 😉😉😉 I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THE CHAPTER! I CAN'T WAIT TO KEEP WRITING THIS STORY AND MAYBE A SEQUAL IF YOU GUYS REALLY WANT ONE.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE SINGER? MINE BESIDE THOSE FROM JATP IS HARRY STYLES.

- COURTNEY