Chapter XXI

JULIE'S POV:

I got up from the table and moved towards the door as the boys had gone back to their previous conversation. I held my breath as I pulled open the door.

NICK?????

I stood shell shocked as Nick stood in the doorway. There was still something so off about him, even the way he stood now. He was the typical kind, somewhat nerdy boy next door type. Now he stood there with such confidence, no ego that I had ever seen in him.

"Hey Nick, what's up?" I asked him while looking back to the table. I closed the door somewhat subtly making sure that Nick couldn't see the guys sitting at the table. When I had looked over I could tell Luke was trying to hear and see what was going on.

"Hello Julie. How have you been this afternoon?" Nick asked, using such odd language.

"Uh...I've been good I guess," I replied worriedly.

"That's very pleasant to hear."

"Nick are you uh okay?" I asked with such concern.

"I'm perfectly comfortable."

"Ok...so what did you come over to talk about?"

"I wanted to ask if you would like to go out to dinner with me sometime next week?"

"Uhh Nick...we already had this conversation. Remember you asked me out at school but I told you I had feelings for someone else. I'm sorry."

"Oh right of course, sorry I forgot." Nick stumbled over his words.

"That's okay, I'll see you at school on Monday?"

"Yeah of course, have a good night." Nick spoke as he turned around and left from the front door.

I shut the door instantly as he started moving away. I turned around when I had shut and locked the door. I spotted the guys still sitting at the table, Alex and Reggie still talking with my dad and brother. However, Luke was still facing me waiting for an answer as to who was at the door. I nodded towards him as I walked back to the table, knowing that I had already finished my dinner and noticing the empty plates around the table I thought this might be the perfect time to talk with the guys.

"Hey dad the guys and I are just going to head up stairs and figure out what we are gonna do while they are in town." I addressed the table.

"Of course Julie, Carlos and I will pack up down here. You can also show the boys the spare room while you are up there." My dad answered as he began collecting the plates from the table.

Watching as the boys moved away from the table and started following me I led them upstairs. They already knew where they were going but we had to pretend like they had never been here before. As we reached the top of the stairs I flicked open my door and gestured for the boys to enter as I followed after them. I quietly shut the door when I went into the room. The guys had already made themselves comfortable again. Reggie, Alex and Luke had all sprawled out on top of each other on my bed. Without a second thought I jumped on top of all of them, trying to make a point. I laughed when I heard a groan of pain come from all of them.

"That's what you get when you lie on my bed." I smirked.

All the boys moved off the bed finding a new spot to sit, either against the wall or on the floor.

"So Julie who was at the door?" Reggie asked as he crossed his legs on the floor.

I flicked my eyes over to Luke before I answered, "it was Nick."

All the boys looked shocked but at the same time, Luke more than anyone. Not in an angry way I knew that he understood how I felt about him now, but more in a concerned way.

"I think there is something really off with him," I added.

"What do you mean off?" Alex asked sitting up straighter.

"Well there were a few moments that just didn't seem like Nick. Like the day after we played the Orpheum he brought over flowers but he wasn't acting like himself. Then we were at school and he was saying weird things, now he came over tonight and completely forgot previous conversations we had. Conversations that were only like a week ago. He even said that it was 'pleasant to hear' how good I was doing. It almost sounded like he was from a completely different time."

I watched as Alex, Luke and Reggie all looked over at one another. Almost like a silent conversation using just their eyes. It almost seemed like they were debating about whether or not to say what they were thinking.

I couldn't take it anymore, "What are you guys thinking?"

Alex and Reggie looked over at Luke wanting him to tell me.

Luke spoke up, "Caleb."

"What about Caleb?" I was confused.

Alex jumped in, "It sounds like Nick is acting like Caleb."

"No way that can't be possible, he's a ghost, how is that possible. What would have happened to Nick? Oh my gosh this is all my fault." I anxiously rambled on.

"Willie told us when we went to meet Caleb that he has a lot of powers. Some that he doesn't even tell people about. Maybe he knows how to possess people too. We wouldn't even know but it is a possibility Julie." Alex confirmed.

"It can't be possible. It just can't be. Nick is my friend, what does that mean. What has happened to him?" I stuttered again. I could feel my body trembling.

I kept my eyes trained on the boys, as I noticed Luke step away from the wall and sit beside me and wrap his arm around my shoulders slowly rubbing circles against my arm. It was by far the most comforting thing that anyone could have done in that moment. My eyes were fixed on Luke that I hadn't noticed the stare from Alex and Reggie. Both of them were clearly stunned by Luke's bold action.

I quickly looked over at Luke, flicking my eyes between the boys and his arm hoping he would get the situation that had just happened. I watched as his eyes widened realising what the boys had just witnessed. Quickly Luke pulled his arm away, shyly adding a cough trying to pretend the boys hadn't just seen a moment between us. Guess it was somewhat out in the open now.

My thoughts about whether or not Nick was himself became all consuming. I think I just needed to have a good night's sleep.

"Hey guys I think I'm just going to head to bed now. If you want the guest room is down the hall on your right or you can stay out in the garage. It's up to you guys."

"We'll stay in the garage tonight Jul," Luke smiled over at me as he gestured for the guys to follow him.

They all yelled a good night as they moved out of my room heading downstairs. Luke popped back in when Alex and Reggie made their way downstairs.

"Don't forget about tomorrow," Luke reminded me with a huge smile and a wink as he ran to catch up with the boys.

"I won't." I shouted back at him. I couldn't help but smile at Luke's comment, he was just so adorable yet perfect at the same time.  

OMG YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! I LOVE HOW OPEN AND SUPPORTIVE YOU GUYS ARE FOR EACH OTHER. WE ARE LIKE OUR OWN COMMUNITY AND I LOVE IT!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE HONESTLY THE BEST, WE ARE ALMOST AT 15K READS WHICH IS SO AMAZING AND I AM SO GRATEFUL!!!!! 

LET ME KNOW IF WE REACH 15K READS I'LL POST A CHAPTER WITH SOME OF MY FANART DESIGNS FROM JULIE AND THE PHANTOMS. ART IS ANOTHER ONE OF MY PASSIONS AND IF YOU GUYS WANT I'LL POST THEM ON HERE!!!!

QUESTION OF THE DAY: WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF 10 YEARS FROM NOW IF YOU COULD HAVE ANYTHING YOU EVER WANTED? 
MINE WOULD BE MARRIED, PART TIME ART TEACHER, PART TIME ARTIST AND AUTHOR LIVING IN MY OWN HOUSE AND PROBABLY HAVE A CHILD ON THE WAY.

- COURTNEY