Chapter XVIII

JULIE'S POV:

When Luke and I had decided that we should be heading back to the garage I moved away from him as I needed to head downstairs to leave the house.

"Luke how did you actually get in here? I thought you guys couldn't ghost anymore." I questioned finally thinking that Luke would have had to open a locked door to get into his room.

"I really don't know, I walked here. When I got here though I stood at the door and I wanted to be in my room and next thing I knew I poofed into here. I don't know what's going on with us Julie, one minute I can't go anywhere or walk through anything and then next thing I know I can pop into a room just by thinking of it."

"It'll be okay Luke, we will figure this out. We will figure out what all this means." I comforted by reaching to pull his hand to pull him off the bed.

Luke smiled as he stood to his feet, he was a lot closer to me than I had thought when I reached out to help him up. His face was so close to mine that I could feel his body almost pressing against my own. Although this was probably an awkward position to be placed in I couldn't help but want to stay right here. Luke's eyes kept hold of mine as we stood there. I didn't know who moved first but all I knew was that Luke had offered to walk with me to the house but I felt that I needed that time to think. Leaving Luke in his room to poof back and meet me in the garage I walked out of his room back into the upstairs hallway.

As I walked down the stairs I could hear Mitch and Emily talking at the dining table. I didn't know whether I should pop in and say goodby or just leave. I decided on quietly moving into their dining room to at least let them know I was leaving.

"Uh, Mitch, Emily. I'm heading out now. Thank you for that, it meant a lot to me."

"Oh sweetie no trouble. It was nice seeing you again Julie." Emily spoke as she stood up from the table as she was helping me to walk out the front door.

Emily pulled the door open for me as I walked through. I turned around quickly saying one last goodbye to Mitch and Emily before I started my walk back home.

I had been walking for about 10 minutes when I began humming songs out loud. I knew that I couldn't get the song Luke wrote for me out of my mind. It was so beautiful and meaningful, yet there was still so much that we had to talk about when we got a chance. Without paying attention I bumped into someone who had been standing in front of where I was walking. Of course with my clumsy skills I fell down straight onto my butt.

"I'm so sorry." I apologised as I stood back up on my own.

When I finally lifted my eyes I was shocked with who was standing in front of me.

"I thought I told you to go home." I laughed as Luke lent against the tree that was perfectly situated behind him.

"Yeah well you should know by now I don't really do what I'm told," Luke laughed as I brushed off the dirt from my jeans.

I gave Luke an unimpressed look due to his laughter at my clumsiness.

"Well you could have helped me up." I groaned at him.

"Nah, it was more fun watching you do it on your own." Luke spoke his smirk creeping onto his face.

"Well are you at least going to walk home with me." I asked.

Without any form of a verbal answer Luke reached out and quickly scooped my hand up in his own. I smiled at his small gesture, I knew there was something more going on between us, something deeper.

On the walk home Luke and I talked about anything and everything. From our music, to school to what Luke used to do as a kid. As we neared the front gate of my house I couldn't stop laughing at Luke's story he was telling me about Alex and Reggie. Apparently back when they were in Sunset Curve back in the 90's Reggie got caught playing Alex's drums and Alex chased him around hitting him with his drumsticks.