Chapter IX

LUKE'S POV:

As we finished our nightly rehearsal Julie was about to make her way inside, as she closed the door and said goodnight I still wanted to talk to her. Before I knew what I was doing I walked towards the door deciding to just walk straight through it to get to her. As I moved closer I could feel the boys smirking behind me.

"Oi, I know what you guys are doing. Knock it off" I laughed at them from behind me. I was about to walk through the door before I quickly turned back and saw them both smiling at each other. I couldn't help but smile along with them.

Before I could do anything else I felt the wind get knocked out of me and a large bang coming from near me. I looked up and realised I was staring at the ceiling of the garage. I could see the boys' worried faces standing over me and the sound of the garage door being pulled open as I heard running feet coming towards us.

"What was that noise?" Julie asked fear laced in her voice.

As Julie moved closer to me I could see a shocked look on her face as she got closer to me.

"Luke couldn't go through the door?" Alex asked and answered at the same time.

I sat up quickly realising Alex was right. How come I couldn't walk through the door, I've done it hundreds of times. All four of us just stood shocked looking at each other with confusion.

"Wait, how is that possible?" I asked.

"Luke try it again." Reggie stated moving closer to the now open door shutting it quickly.

I followed him, standing there looking at the door I stuck my hand out trying to push it through the door like I always did. When my hand collided with the solid wood to say I was shocked is an understatement.

"Alex you try." I spoke to him as he stood next to me.

Alex moved closer to the door attempting the same action that I just tried. How is this happening?

"Reggie try maybe poofing out." Alex suggested looking over towards Reggie.

Reggie just stood there, he wasn't moving. He had his eyes closed and looking like he needed to use a toilet.

"What are you doing?" Julie asked sarcastically.

"It's not working." Reggie replied confused.

I looked over at Alex, both of us closing our eyes and trying to go to a new location, nothing was working. This isn't possible.

"Alex we need to talk to Willie, this isn't possible." I spoke to him with a low voice, knowing that Willie was not someone Alex was prepared to speak to at the moment.

"Yeah I figured." Alex looked down with worry printed all over his face.

"Do you think people would be able to see you now?" Julie asked. All of us looked over at her immediately. How come none of us thought of this?

"Should we go find out?" Reggie asked excitedly.

All of us walked together over to Julies main house, walking through the front door concerned. I knew that if we could be seen then this was something that was really going to complicate a lot of things. I fixed my hair, I wouldn't admit to anyone but I'm nervous to actually meet Julie's dad. Wow I am seriously a dork.

"Hey dad?" I heard Julie call out to her dad who was sitting at their dining room table on his laptop.

"What's up sweetie?" Ray asked, getting up walking out to the living room where we all stood behind Julie.

I could see Reggie's face drop when he realised that Ray couldn't see us. He stared at Julie waiting for a response.

"Uh...I was just wondering if you would mind if I slept outside in the garage tonight, it's the weekend tomorrow and I wanted to work on a song tonight." Julie asked really sweetly. It was actually kind of cute. SHUT UP BRAIN.

"Yeah of course. I love how much you remind me of mum. She would be so proud of you sweetheart." Ray smiled at her.

"Thanks dad. I'll see you tomorrow. Oh don't forget I've got a girls day tomorrow with Flynn, we're heading to the mall." Julie shouted as she ran out of the door heading to the garage. The boys and I quickly followed her out there.

As we sat down on the couch together in the garage we were all so confused.

"How is this possible? I seriously don't understand what's happening?" Julie spoke up.

"Well you see Julie, Luke couldn't walk through the door and then we all found out we can't poof anywhere but you're dad still can't see us." Reggie smiled unknowingly.

I quickly reached my hand up and thumped his chest. "She knows that Reggie."

"Well then why did she ask hmmm?" Reggie smirked pushing his face closer to mine.

I could see Alex rolling his eyes on the other side of the couch. I did too as soon as Reggie pulled away. As the room went really silent all of us were thinking , trying to make sense of what just happened tonight.

"Are we ghosts anymore?" I whispered under my breath hoping no one would hear.

"I don't know what we are." Alex spoke back just as confused as all of us.

I looked over at Julie sitting on the floor, she looked like she was in really deep thought about something, a smile coming and going across her face as she sat there. I stood up while Alex and Reggie tried to come up with answers to what was going on with us. I walked over to Julie, she didn't seem to notice until I placed my hand on her shoulder. She jumped with a small girly squeal. This was followed by a soft giggle when she saw that the hand was connected to me.

"I'm probably never going to get used to that," Julie laughed.

For a minute my heart stopped, I felt like time stood still. Julie placed her hand on top of mine that rested on her shoulder. Giving it a quick squeeze before she stood up and moved towards the piano. I stood still in shock, when I looked over to her she tilted her head in her direction, gesturing for me to follow her. I followed after her, sitting beside her at the piano. Julie began to flutter her fingers over the keys starting to play Finally Free. I knew this was going to be a fun night despite the glaring issues that we would have to figure out.

What was happening to us?

HEY GUYS! I'M WORKING ON SOME MORE CHAPTERS AT THE MOMENT :) THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND SUPPORT. WE ARE ALSO ALMOST AT 1000 READS WHICH IS SO EXCITING. 

- COURTNEY