Chapter VII

REGGIE'S POV:

I poofed back to the garage studio knowing that I couldn't find either Alex or Luke anywhere. As I came back to the studio I spotted Alex sitting on the large rock near the door of the studio just sitting, looking down at his hands. I smiled finally knowing he was okay.

I moved over and sat down next to him placing my hand on his shoulder. "You know Alex, if you need to cry for another 25 years I'll give you a hug this time. Swear."

Alex looked over to me with a smile on his face that he was trying to hide as he quickly pushed me off the rock laughing.

"Wow not cool dude, I could've gotten hurt Alex."

"Reggie, sorry to break it to you but you're a ghost remember." Alex laughed again.

He quickly slung his arm over my shoulder as we moved closer to the garage door. I don't know about the other guys but it's actually nice being able to focus and move things now. I really enjoy opening doors.

"Hey Alex, did you end up finding Luke?" I asked

LUKE'S POV:

As I sat in the garage quietly picking at my guitar creating a riff to go between the last line of bridge for the song I wrote last night I could hear Reggie and Alex laughing outside the door. I didn't move from my spot as I sat against the corner near the back of the space leaning against the large window.

"Hey Alex, did you end up finding Luke?" I heard Reggie ask.

"No, I have no clue where he went. I guess if he wants to be alone that's what he needs"

I couldn't help but lightly laugh waiting to hear if they were going to notice me or just keep having their conversation. I quickly noted down the chord progression and chords for the riff before I forgot them.

"I just hope he's okay, Alex what if Caleb found him? What if he doesn't come back? What if I have to play guitar I can't do that, I'm the bass player? What if the band is over?" Reggie started spiraling as Alex rolled his eyes at Reggies usual behaviour.

"I'm fine you dork." I laughed standing up so the boys could clearly see I was there.

Reggie straight away ran over to where I was standing leaping onto me, almost making me completely fall over. As I regained my balance I shoved Reggie playfully, knowing this wouldn't end. Reggie grabbed me in a headlock trying to pull me over. I quickly turned and threw us both onto the couch.

Alex laughed at both of us before he made his way over and sat on top of both of us. Reggie and I pushed and tried to get Alex off as he kept wiggling till we were all sitting on the couch together. As I looked over at my two bandmates I started laughing so hard, Reggie and Alex following my laughter.

"Hey Luke?" Reggie spoke up, breaking the laughter.

"Yeah Reg"

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, you weirdo," I smiled in reply.

Alex, Reggie and I decided that the best use of our time while we waited for Julie to get home from school before practice was to clean out the top of the loft. As we searched through all our old junk I found a few of our old Sunset Curve demos that we kept with our band shirts. All the memories flooding back over Alex, Reggie, Bobby and I arguing about how the cover should look. Before long I could hear footsteps from outside the garage. I quickly closed the bag and placed it back under a table in the loft. Alex and Reggie were already on the ground going through old bags of clothes.

"Hey Julie!" I heard Reggie happily smile at the person walking through the door.

I decided to sit and wait on the loft kicking my legs out of thep posts dangling them in the air.

"How was school?" Alex asked.

"It was alright, same old same old. Should we practice? Wait where's Luke? Did you guys find him?" Julie rambled.

"Oh uh..." Reggie stuttered out looking around the room for me.

"How can he still be gone? Something must be wrong, we have to go look for him." Julie rushed out her words looking worried. I couldn't help the smirk that creeped onto my face.

I poofed down so I was standing in front of her. "Good to know you missed me."

Julie jumped when she saw me. "You really need to stop doing that." She smiled pointing her finger at my chest.

"Nah it's too much fun." My smirk came back.

As I looked at Julie I remembered the list I had written and knew that I needed to stop whatever I was doing. "Uh...so let's rehearse."

JULIE'S POV:

As band practice had gone really well Reggie and Alex decided to head into the house to see what Ray and Carlos were up to, leaving Luke and I in the garage. We decided to keep working on some of the songs we had started writing earlier in the week.

"So which song did you want to keep working on, Hindsight or Safe Place?" Luke asked, already sitting down in his usual spot at the piano. As he began pulling out his sheet music I sat down next to him like I usually do getting ready.

"Hindsight, I think." I replied.

"Okay we are still trying to think of a hook for the chorus." Luke muttered biting on the end of his pencil, how can he just always look so cute.

"What about something like this?" I asked beginning to play some chords along the keys that had been stuck in my head all day.

"Maybe we could add something like this for the next line." Luke answered playing a section that complemented the rhythm.

As I continued to play the section my fingers grazed Luke's hand. It was still mind blowing that I was able to feel him now. Luke and I both didn't pull away immediately, I was kind of shocked I expected him to pull away straight away.

"So uh yeah...did you want to write down the hook?" I asked, coughing slightly and pulling my hand away.

Luke began to scribble on his sheet the chords and notes we had just come up with. Alongside the lyrics 'I wish I had hindsight, I wouldn't have waited another night, seeing you there I would have made the call, for you to be mine long before'

HEY EVERYONE :) I'M SO EXCITED THAT THERE ARE SO MANY OF YOU WHO ARE GETTING REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS STORY! I LOVE WRITING IT AND HOPE YOU LOVE READING IT AS WELL. I HAVE HAD SOME LOVELY DMS FROM ALOT OF YOU. 

ALSO IF YOU WANT TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM I POST JULIE AND THE PHANTOMS ARTWORK AND JUKE VIDEOS AND PHOTOS OF THE CAST - MY USERNAME IS USAID_JUKE

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER BELOW

- COURTNEY