Chapter XI

LUKE'S POV:

I quickly hurried trying to pick up all the pieces of paper that had fallen out from the box. Many of them had opened but I quickly folded them and placed them neatly back inside the box that was laying open on the floor. When I noticed a piece of paper that had something different about it, I was the word dance class written on the bottom corner of the first page. My curiosity started getting the best of me. I hated not knowing this, it won't ever get out of my head. In a moment of weakness I reached out and opened the 4 pieces of paper that were folded together. It was definitely Julie's handwriting. I spotted the title that she scribbled in a different coloured pen, 'Perfect Harmony.'

My eyes began scanning the words written on the page.

Step into my world

Bittersweet love story 'bout a girl

Shook me to the core

Voice like an angel

I've never heard before

I smiled remembering how much I respected Julie as a musician, the way she writes captivates people. It's raw and honest.

Here in front of me

They're shining so much brighter

Than I have ever seen

Life can be so mean

But when he goes, I know he doesn't leave

I stopped breathing for a moment, I realised what this was. This was a love song, and not a friendship love song like Julie wrote about Flynn. This was a love song love song.

The truth is finally breaking through

Two worlds collide when I'm with you

Our voices rise and soar so high

We come to life when we're

In perfect harmony

Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa

Perfect harmony

Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa

Perfect harmony

I couldn't help the tears that started to well up in my eyes, I don't know whether it was the lyrics that Julie had written and how powerful they were. Or maybe it was the fact that this was a love song. She was in love with someone. In love so much to write this song about them.

You set me free

You and me together is more than chemistry

Love me as I am

I'll hold your music here inside my hands

We say we're friends, we play pretend

You're more to me, we're everything

Our voices rise and soar so high

We come to life when we're

In perfect harmony

Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa

Perfect harmony

Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa

Perfect harmony

'Play pretend' who was this. Someone Julie was clearly close with, someone who she was supposed to be friends with. I couldn't help but get nervous and jealous at the same time.

I feel your rhythm in my heart

Yeah yeah yeah

You are my brightest burning star

Whoah whoah oh

I never knew a love so real (so real)

We're heaven on earth

Melody and words

When we're together we're

In perfect harmony

Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa

Perfect harmony

Whoa-oa-oa, whoa-oa-oa

We say we're friends (we play pretend)

You're more to me (we create)

Perfect harmony

As the lyrics finished on the page I moved my sleeve to wipe away the tear steaks that had fallen down my face. I smiled for a split second, I was hoping that maybe just maybe this was about me, that I might actually have a chance with her. My breath caught though when I looked down at the bottom corner again, 'dance class'.

I remembered something, Julie said something about dance class. When it clicked I felt my blood boil, I wanted to scrunch up the lyrics and through them in the bin. NICK, NICK WAS HER DANCE PARTNER. I put the lyrics in my pocket and placed the box back on the shelf, before I stormed out of the room leaving the door wide open. I didn't care anymore. If Julie didn't care about me and everything was about Nick why should I care at all. I slammed the front door shut behind me moving back towards the garage before I angrily threw open the doors hoping the boys weren't going to be there.

HEY EVERYONE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND SUPPORT IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!!!! KEEP COMMENTING I LOVE READING OR THEORIES AND OPINIONS. 

I HAVE ONE QUESTION THAT I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU GUYS THINK. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SONG FROM JULIE AND THE PHANTOMS SEASON 1?

- COURTNEY