Chapter XVI

*HERE YOU GO GUYS FINALLY SOME JUKE MOMENTS FOR YOU 🤣🤣 I WOULD SAY I'M SORRY FOR NOT DOING IT SOONER BUT I LOVE MAKING YOU GUYS WAIT AND KEEN TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER 😉😉*

JULIE'S POV:

I walked quickly hoping that I knew Luke well enough to know where his safe place was to run away too. I stood in front of the door to the familiar house, I couldn't decide whether to ring the bell or not. What if this was a bad idea? What if he wasn't here? What if they didn't let me in? My mind ran a million miles a minute. I decided that ringing the doorbell was the best solution, I couldn't turn back now.

Luke's dad came to the door, I couldn't tell if his face was one of surprise or happiness, maybe both.

"Oh Julie. What can we do for you?"

"Hi Mr Patterson, uh sorry Mitch. I was just thinking about Luke lately. I was just wondering if it's not too weird to ask if I would be able to see his room."

"Of course Julie, come in, come in."

I followed Mitch inside, spotting Emily in the kitchen probably preparing dinner for herself and her husband.

"Don't worry Julie I will tell Emily when you head up. It's the second door on the right." Mitch told me as he walked into the kitchen to speak with Emily.

I climbed the stairs slowly, something about every picture and moment in this house told me more and more about Luke. I felt like I just wanted to know everything about him. Where did he go to school? How many girls had he dated? What was his high school years like? Did he drop out to pursue music? I had so many questions I just wanted to sit for days and talk to him all about his life. I reached the top of the staircase and I couldn't move my feet. What if Luke wasn't here? I took a deep breath shaking out my nerves through my hands.

I took a step forward making sure that I had found the right room before I would even consider going in. I shouldn't have been surprised but part of me was, after 25 years Mitch and Emily hadn't even changed the front of Luke's door. It was plastered in rock and band memorabilia.

I ran my hand over the red letters that spelled out his name, they were clearly painted on by hand

I ran my hand over the red letters that spelled out his name, they were clearly painted on by hand. The paint had started to chip around the edge and flack to the ground. I smiled; this was clearly Luke's handwriting, he had the most boyish handwriting that I had ever seen. I looked over the band posters that sat on the wall, all of them incredible bands. My eyes scanned the rest of the signs stuck to the door, the one that piqued my interest was the ticket from their Orpheum show. I knew that Luke had run away prior to this gig at the Orpheum, how would this ticket have ended up here? My hand glided over the ticket stub, it didn't have the same age as the other posters around it on the door. I knew in that moment that Luke must have added this to the door one of the times that he came here to see his parents. I couldn't help but feel a pang of sorrow for him, I knew his pain. I knew how hard it was to want someone who isn't really there to be able to see you, to be proud of you.