𝚂𝚞𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚊 - 𝙴𝚛𝚎𝚗 𝚡 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

---

---

"AHH!" Dust flew in your eyes as you were slammed into the ground by Annie once again. "I'll get her next time." You then dusted yourself off and Annie pulled you up. "Finally someone worth fighting." You smiled at her compliment. "Well it looks like we need to switch partners." You looked around spotting Eren and Reiner muttering something, looking over at Annie and yourself. Reiner then pushed Eren up to Annie. What could possibly go wrong?

You and Reiner flinched at Eren getting slammed into the ground, almost harder than you had received. Reiner held in a laugh and you turned around not trying to rile up Eren. "Well do you want some too?" Annie taunted. Reiner's eyes widened, backing up slowly. "I think I've done enough training for the day. Plus I don't think you could handle me." In a flash of a second Reiner was on the ground too. You snickered while Annie smirked. "That's what happens when you underestimate the power of us girls." You said and walked away swaying your hips.

Night fell and you sat on the porch of the barracks where we slept. You were lost in your thoughts looking at a particular star in the sky. It reminded you of home...the life before your life was flipped upside down.

Flashback

"Y/N!" Your father shouted. You sat on the boat silently sobbing looking at both your parents. You weren't even supposed to be on this boat. It was filled to capacity and people were jumping over the water and hanging onto the edge of the boat. You knew you shouldn't have left them like this but it was either getting crushed by debris or practically snapped in half from one of those beasts. They wanted the richer people on the boat first, and since your parents were on the poor side they demanded we wait. "RUN! ITS CHARGING! FALL BACK! FALL BACK!" We all listened to the screams and commotion as the boat took off.

"I LOVE YOU Y/N! DON'T YOU FORGET!"

"Y/N LIVE ON AND FIGHT!"

You closed your eyes and listened to the loud noise of Wall Maria breaking. What was that thing? You  scrambled to the edge of the moving boat and looked around. After the dust cleared you saw them. Titans. Eating what was left of people. You tried looking where your parents were standing but a huge chunk of cement was there.

"M-mom?"

"Y/N!"

You jumped and looked ahead to see Eren approaching you, coming from the forest.

"Where did you come from?"

"Why are you crying?"

You wiped your eyes with your sleeves and shook your head. "I-i'm not crying."

Eren rolled his eyes and grabbed your arm. "Yeah right. Come with me. I need to show you something!" You couldn't protest because of the tight grip he had on your arm. "E-Eren!" You yelled at him, not being able to see through the trees and branches you guys were running into. "EREN!" we stopped on the edge of an open field. You looked up to see a clear view of the sky, the star that was oh so special to you burning bright. "I-i thought you could get a fresh view of that star." He pointed to the largest and biggest star there was. You giggled a bit and guided his arm to your star. "That's not the one I meant silly."

Eren scratched his head and blushed slightly. "W-well that's the best one I saw s-so I thought-"

"That the biggest one was the most appealing to me." He sighed and nodded. "Eren it doesn't matter how big or bright it is. Give the others a moment to shine. They are just as beautiful." Beautiful...You looked over at Eren who was smiling with his head tilted up. "So mind telling me why you were crying?" You quickly looked down and rubbed your arm up and down. "W-Well it was...my..." Your voice started to get shaky and he noticed. Eren quickly pulled you to the ground and you fell on top of him. "E-EREN!"

"Shhhh." He stroked your hair and looked down at you. "My mother was crushed and eaten in front of me...if only if I were stronger, or if we had more time..." You cut him off and sat up. "Eren that was not in your control!" Eren rolled his eyes and pushed your head back down onto his chest. "I know that. Take your own advice Y/N. You had to act quickly. It was either them or all three of you. I couldn't imagine dying with my own child." He sighed and looked at your star. "Stay alive. My mother said to me. I'm doing this for me, her and mikasa."

You slightly flinched at that name. Mikasa. She never left Eren's side. It's no doubt that she loves him. It would be a hell of a time to try and compete with her. Eren patted your back twice and sat up. "It's time for the both of us to go to sleep. I hope you enjoyed your time with me Y/N." He started leaning towards me with his eyes fluttering. Is this it? Eren...what are you doing? Your eyes started to flutter shut but he swooped his hand up and picked something out of your hair. "Stupid leaves."

You nervously chuckled and stood up. "Haha. Yes. Stupid leaves getting into my stupid hair." You started to frown walking away from him. "How stupid could I be thinking he was about to kiss me." You thought to yourself

The next morning came around and you walked into the lunchroom looking for your friends. "Y/N! over here!" Eren yelled and waved you down. You smiled and slightly skipped over to the table. You guys were sitting across from Armin and Mikasa but you couldn't help but to think that she was glaring.  Mikasa was very intimidating. She showed no emotion so you couldn't tell what she was really thinking.  You and Eren turned away from the table and crouched down. "I need your help."

"With what?" I smiled nervously. "There's this girl... and I want to...impress her and confess to her."

You widened your eyes. Sort of shocked. "A- A girl?" Eren nodded and blushed. "I've known her for quite some time b-but I still feel like I don't know what to do in order to catch her eye." You smiled and nodded thinking about who this girl could possibly be. "I- i'll help!" You both turned towards the table continuing the usual conversation. I noticed Armin seemed a bit more eager than usual. He must be helping us too.

---

Eren coughed and rolled over after you used the same technique as Annie the other day. "OUCH Y/N. Maybe put all that force into killing the titans and not me." He got up and rubbed his backside. "Any ideas?" He whispered.

You held your face in thought. You truly would sabotage the moment for the girl but...what if the girl was you. "Take her somewhere special and show her something beautiful." You chimed. Eren smiled and pushed you down to the ground. "That's payback. Hopefully she likes the small gesture." You watched and something inside of you was building up. Was it excitement? Was it regret? You didn't know. You could only wait and find out.

---

You sat on the porch once again staring at your favorite star. It seemed a bit dim tonight considering that the one you loved was confessing to someone tonight. "Y/N!" You turned over to see Armin holding a small oil lantern. "Follow me!" He started walking in the same path that you and Eren took the previous night. "Armin! Wait!"

"Sorry, sorry. I just wanted you to see this." You made it towards the end of the forest and the beginning of the open field. There you saw Eren. Holding a small bushel of flowers and rocking on his heels. "I-is he waiting on me?" Smiling, you stood up from the crouched spot and started walking forward. Armin gripped your shirt and pulled you back. "Wait. She's coming!" You stared forward watching as a Raven haired girl started walking toward Eren. You finally knew what was building up inside of you. Heartbreak.

You and Armin couldn't quite hear what they were talking about but Mikasa started crying and leaned into Eren. In the midst of their embrace you saw him point into the sky. Your heartbreak turned into anger quickly. That was your star. YOUR STAR!

Eren had some damn nerve. Did last night mean nothing?