𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚌𝚝 - 𝙻𝚎𝚟𝚒 𝚡 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

S3 Spoilers!!!

---

---

"Squad Leader Y/N, Erwin needs you in his office immediately." A cadet approached you. You nodded and quietly walked down the hallway to Erwin's office. The room was chilly and lit dimly with a single candelabra. Behind you the door closed to show Levi with his arms crossed and one leg propped up against the wall.

"We have an upcoming expedition. We are taking back Shiganshina. We're gonna need all the troops we can get." Erwin explained.

"No problem. I'll have my cadets trained and ready." Erwin smiled slightly at the enthusiasm. "We appreciate that Y/N, lending over your troops is definitely a bit of help."

You tilted your head to the side. "I mean I wouldn't say lending but yes I will be glad to lead them into battle."

You heard Levi scoff in the corner of the room. "Erwin." He raised his eyebrows. Erwin narrowed his eyes at Levi then looked back at you with a solemn expression. "You know half of them may not come back. Maybe even more."

You placed your hands in your pockets and rocked back and forth. "Both me and my cadets are aware of what we signed up for." Erwin let out a breath and nodded, rolling over his chair towards the bookshelf.

"You're dismissed for tonight. Rest well Y/N." You smiled, nodded towards Levi and walked out the door.

---

"Erwin...why didn't you tell her?" He snapped.

"It was your idea Levi. Don't get angry at me. You should have told her."

Erwin wasn't wrong. He should've spoken up. But he knew you and he knew how you wouldn't go down without a fight. He hated that about you.

Levi left the office and went straight towards the cafeteria. On the way he passed the hall you slept in. There you were giggling with a cadet. "Isn't it past curfew?" He sounded. Your expression dropped, you rolled your eyes and dismissed the cadet. "Goodnight Grumpy."

Continuing his walk to the cafeteria he stopped by the kitchen to get some water. Thinking back to a few moments ago he should've left you alone. The cadet wasn't harming anyone.

He knew you weren't strict with the cadets. The way you held in your emotions and never took out your anger on any living thing. If he, Erwin, or Hange said no, you were the one to say yes.

Levi didn't show animosity to you for no reason. He strongly opposed you joining the scouts.

He remembered the day he ran out on his off day to look through the training camps for potential members. Thinking about it there was no such thing as an off day for the man.