An invitation (Chapter 1)

A letter came about to a young man whom his life is taking a big turn...

"....What is this?"said the young man who saw the letter at his footstep.
The letter was being neatly folded into place, with a red wax stamp at the back.

The letter read:
Dear Sir,
It would be a pleasure for you to come to the Manor this instant.
Make sure you are coming alone. For once you take this path, you would never return.

He sighed and thought for a while. "It wouldn't hurt as I don't really wanna stay here with Uncle Jerry for long. His bickering had me going nuts!"he said.

He quickly packed his make-up box and some clothing and he went to the manor.

Aesop's POV

As I went into the car, i felt that i had just relived myself from the nagging he has been giving. Before i knew it, i had arrived at the manor.

The driver told me to wait at the doorway as someone would come to greet me at the door.

A lady, dressed in a elegant dress, has a bird mask on greeted me at the door. "Welcome,"she said "to the Oletus Manor". I quietly nodded.

She gestured me to follow her. So i did.

The manor was huge. She explained that the manor was divided into 2 sections: one is the survivor side, the other, the hunters'.

She showed me to my room and gave me a key.
"Remember not to lose it as you will only get one." I nodded.

She left me alone in the room. I was still confused about the enviroment.
Then I heard some noises coming from other rooms.

"Hey! Give that back!! I need it for training!"

"Aww..you are sweet like that."

"Naib Subedar! You better give me back my owl or i am gonna kill u!"

"Emily! You are here! I heard a new survivor just joined."

I got lost by that last line i heard from the rooms. They already knew? That was fast. I decided to go and meet the other survivors around the manor.

I saw a girl, dressed in a pilot uniform. She had a brown cap on her head and a flare gun by her side. I went up to her and introduced myself.

"Hey there..."

"Oh! Hey! I am guessing you must be the new survivor they were talking about. My name is Martha, a.k.a The Coordinator."

"My name is Aesop Carl....the embalmer...."

"You sure are quiet. Well it is better for me to introduce you to the others here"

"A-Alright...."

Martha is pretty energetic for one. But I followed her anyway.

"Hey guys!! Here is the new survivor, Aesop Carl, the embalmer."

All of the survivors started asking me questions. Mostly about my ability.
I told them that i can rebirth people when they in a life-or-death situation.

I wanted to tell them more but my anxiety is picking up. I quickly stood up, make some random excuse and left the room.

Not long after, a piece of paper flew into my room.

It read:
Dear Embalmer,
You will be in a match later at 6pm.
Your teammates will be:
Naib, the Mercenary
Eli, the Seer
Emily, the Doctor
Have fun!

I was puzzled by the note but got ready for the match anyways.

‐--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there readers! Just to be clear, this is my first story i have written and i had been inspired by other stories as well!

I hope you would enjoy the rest of the story :3

Show me some support *insert some cute Aesop noises*