Regrets and Make up (Chapter 6)

Jack, I hope you are right about this.

Aesop's View

"Stop, I didn't wanna do this but we are taking a break."

Listening to my own voice, scolding Joseph like that really hurts. I didn't know what came over me.

I tried to ignore it while walking to the lobby to get ready for the match. Tears had flown out of my eyes.

Still I love you, Jos. But for the sake of the rules, I can't.

My mind had brushed off the rules when I love him. But now, it came back.

Naib saw me with my red face and asked, "Aesop, what's wrong? You were fine a minute ago."

"Nothing, just nothing."

Then the graffti on the screen has appeared and cracked. We were spawned at Eversleeping Town.

The first thing I saw was there were cameras. He is here.

My heart ached. The host can't know that I am in love with a hunter, if she does....

Flashback

"Ok, sir. I didn't quite catch your name."

"Aesop Carl"

"Ok, Aesop. To stay here, you would have to follow a few rules."

"Alright"

"First, do not cross over to the other side. Second, play the game fairly. Third, don't sneak anyone into the survivors' manor. Fourth, keep your room key. Lastly and the most important one, you are not allowed to have any relationship with any hunter.

"Ok"

Comes back to reality,

I shook my head. A huge headache came over and I passed out.

All I remember was Kevin carried me and Emily tried to comfort me. My last sight i saw was a sword and a blue coat, lashed over me.

"You are gonna be ok." I heard him. It seems that he does care.

When I woke up, I saw that I was brought to the sickbay. His voice was still echoing in my head. You are gonna be ok.

I wish I hadn't run from him. I could have listened but I didn't. I dreaded this emotional and physical pain with me till I felt better. Emily came to check on me a few times a day.

Jos, I am sorry.

Joseph's View

My heart ached when I saw Aesop, lying on the ground. I thought he was a goner so I called Emily. We cancelled the match as he wasn't feeling well.

I took my blue coat and lashed it over him. The other survivors were confused on what is happening. I am tried my best not to make it seem obvious that I love him but the survivors gave me looks of disapproval.

Just like Mother...

I shook my head, telling them that I have no connection with him. The survivors glanced at me then felt relieved. Especially me.

I was ready to talk to him. I felt confident that he would listen.I just have to wait for him to gain conciousness.

I daringly approached the other side and I knocked on the door. Emily answered.

"Hey Doc, is Aesop ok?"

"He is ok. I don't think he is gonna be concious for a few days."

"Oh, then can I visit him tho?"