The Secret

I nodded in agreement. Then he left the room.

I sliently stood there while he left. How did he know? My love affair with Naib? I have to get to the bottom of this.

I quickly ran to the survivors' side of the manor, knocked on the door. Someone answered. It was Aesop.

"W-Who are you? And w-what do you want?" he asked softly.

"I just wanna find Naib. Where is he?"

"He just left for a match. By the way, have you seen Jos anywhere?"

"N-No... Why you asked?"

He looked down and shut the door right in front of my face. What an asshole.

I didn't know what else to do so I went back to the hunters' side.

Fast foward a few days later,...

Joseph's View

"Hey! Wake up! Wake up, big bro!"

I looked from my bedside and saw my twin brother, Claude. "What is it? You are more lively than usual."

"Mother has agreed to support me in my violinist career. How awesome is that?!"

"Really huh? Can I ask mother to support me then?"

"Sure. I guess mother wouldn't mind."

I changed and went down to the dining room where my mother was. "Mother, can you support me in my photography career?"

My mother looked at me with disapproval. "No." That's all she said.

I cried. Claude looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "Sorry, Jos. It didn't go as planned..."

I jolted awake with tears in my eyes. Mother doesn't love me. Then I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it?"

"It's Michiko. Someone came to visit."

I opened the door and saw Aesop, standing there. I smiled.

"Jos, i helped you to sneak him here. It ain't easy."

"I know, Michiko. Thanks."

I let Aesop in while Michiko left. He then hugged me.

"I missed you..."

"Me too.."

He saw me with tears in my eyes. "Jos, are you ok? It looked like you cried all night." So I did.

"I-It's nothing. I just-" I felt that I couldn't speak, like something to preventing me so.

"Come on, Jos. You can tell me."

He was the one whom I trust. But I couldn't bring myself to tell him. I didn't know that I was still crying.

"Look, if you don't wanna tell me, you could have just said so..." He let go of me and was ready to leave. I quickly grabbed his arm.

"Don't leave, please. I- I love you."

He stood there, motionlessly. After a moment, he turned around, pulled down his mask, and said, "I love you too but the fact that you couldn't bring yourself to tell me why you are crying is making me a bit insecure."

I was stunned. His words really means something. Something which I was not ready to hear.

"I-"

"No, I guess you just don't trust me, do you?"

"I do trust you, is just that-"

"Stop, I didn't wanna do this but we are taking a break."