Chapter 13 ⊙•⊙

Embalmer, I hope you are ready.

As the selected characters are in the lobby, the survivors were busy discussing on the ways they could win this match. Norton stood up and said, "I will do the kiting. After all I can stun the hunter as many times as I want." Martha nodded in agreement. "I will handle the rescue. You guys better make my effort worth because I can't use tide twice."

Aesop and Luca were both quiet as their job was to decode and assist. "Hey, can one of us grab tide just in case Martha loses hers?" Aesop looked at him. "I will grab broken windows. You will have to carry tide." Luca nodded. The countdown was finally over and the match has started.

The map was The Red Church, the best map for kiting (in my opinion). The hunter was Jack and the first survivor he encountered was Norton. He kited pretty well but he screwed up while tossing his magnets and got hit. Martha was getting ready to save him so she positioned herself to rescue him.

Norton eventually got down and was tied to the rocket chair. Martha got ready her flare gun and shot the hunter but he used excitement and managed to terror shock her in the middle of the rescue. "S-Sorry.." she muttered. Norton was eliminated and Martha was tied next. Luca ran to her and stun the hunter for a split second. He managed to hit her with a charged attack and she fell.

Jack suddenly remembered that he was here to complete the favor he owe to The Host. So he left Martha and Luca alone while he went to find Aesop. Both of them were quite confused but they ignored it amd went to decode.
Luca then shouted, "The hunter has changed target! Beware!" Aesop then realized that he was coming for him so he ran away.

Kiting Jack was challenging but he made it through. The last cipher was then popped and the hunter had detention. Jack had enough of this and changed his skill to blink. This has caught Aesop off guard and he didn't make the dodge. He then grabbed Aesop by the neck and said, "You disobeyed her. Time for your consenquences." Aesop was choking hard and Jack took this chance and deeply scratched him on his chest. He groaned in pain as Jack dropped him onto the floor.

"You have been warned. Now time for your lover's turn." "N-No..." he said as he fainted. Luca and Martha both saw what happened and immediately escaped while dragging him across the floor. They brought him to the medbay and shouted for Emily. Emily quickly rushed towards the medbay and saw Aesop, covered in blood. He looked pale and was losing blood. She quickly cleanse the injury and bandaged it.

Aesop grabbed her arm and said, "Please....call...him...." and he passed out. Emily wasn't sure of what he meant but Martha knew who he meant. She asked Emily if she could call him over. Emily nodded. Martha then ran to the hunters' side and asked the hunter close by, "May I see the photographer please?" The hunter pointed towards the dining room. She over and told him everything.

Joseph's face turned pale and quickly ran to the survivors'. Martha guided him through and he found his lover on the bed. "A-Aesop, please don't go..." There were tears, flowing down his cheeks as he held his hands. Then he turned to them and asked "Who did this to him?" "The ripper did..." His face blackened and was ready to strike. "Excuse me, I have to go. Also please take care of him." They both nodded when he stormed out of the room.

He went into the living room of the manor and grabbed Jack by his ear. "Ow ow...Jos stop it, it hurts.." Then he slapped him. "D-Did you hurt Aesop?" Jack was slient. Then he slapped him again. "ANSWER ME! DID YOU OR DID YOU NOT HURT HIM?" "I-I did what I have to do..." Joseph screamed and pushed him away. "I FUCKING HATE YOU. YOU DID THIS TO ME YOU SON OF A BITCH. I WILL BE WITH HIM NO MATTER WHAT. ALSO DON'T BOTHER CALLING ME BY MY NICKNAME NO MORE." "Joseph, let me explain-" "CUT THE CRAP AND SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP." He ran to his room, crying his heart out.

Jack went to meet the Host. "So did you termimate him?"

"Yes, I did."

"Very well. This time is Mr. Desaulniers turn."

Jack stopped her. "I can't do this anymore. I told you I have left that kind of life behind. Why are you doing this?"

"It is to keep the game going. If I allowed relationships like this to happen then there will be no game."

"What is the point of playing this when we can't interact with each other?"

"The whole point of this game is to die and replay everything again. Isn't that fun?"

Jack shook his head. "If you want this, then do it yourself. I am done." He then walked out of the room. The Host looked at him the same way she looked at Seer. If you don't want to do this then you all will suffer.

Aesop was out and still hasn't managed to recover properly from the injury. Emily was worried that he might not be able to survive. William stood beside her amd comforted her. "He will make it. Just give him some more time." She nodded and left.

A few months later,..

Throughout these few months, everyone was in deep pain and suffered a lot, especially the survivors. They kept on getting new cuts and bruises everytime they went for a match. Emily was getting tired of this and wanted to scold the hunters for their mistakes. She stormed out of the manor and went to the hunters'.

She banged on the door and wanted to shout. Before she could do so, she saw all of the hunters, exhausted and in pain. Emily felt sorry for them and ask them how they become of this. Wu Chang spoke up, "Doc, I know the survivors' side is flooded with medical needs. You can't blame us for what happened. In the middle of the match, we just suddenly felt out of control and couldn't feel our own body." Mary then added, "We heard what happened to the embalmer. What Jack did was wrong and should be punished as well." The others nodded in agreement. Jack looked down on himself as he knew he deserved it.

"We don't know what is going on. But for all we know is after we return to our normal selves, we get a massive headache." Emily thought and thought and thought. Then she lit up. "Maybe I know what is going on." The hunters looked at her with surprise. She winked at them and told them to meet her at the survivors' side when they feel better.

They agreed and thought:
What has she got in mind?