Chapter 15 ♧♧

A few days passed by and they all gathered again at the survivors' manor.

"Alright everyone, the day has come for us to take revenge on The Host." Jack and Eli were both prepared for this and stood up. "We are ready to face The Host and to prevent further damage to our friendship. Aesop, do you forgive me?" "I already did, bro." Jack then spoke, "I, as well, am doing this for the same reason. Joseph, are we good?" "It has been a few months so we're good. By the way, you can call me by my nickname now." They smiled towards each other.

Emily clapped her hands. "Ok everyone, in position. We are executing Photographer's plan." So everyone got ready. Jack and Eli then went to the office to meet her.

The atmosphere was cold and misty but they gathered their courage and said, "Host? Are you here?" "Well well, Jack and Eli. I thought you both were out of the plan." "Well we changed our minds and decided to break up this relationship." Eli said. "So have they offically break up?" "Yes, they did. They haven't talked to each other for months" replied Jack. "It looks like you two work well together. You will get your rewards."

"Breaking them up is my reward, miss." Eli added. "As for me, are you going to affect my relationship? You agreed to not do so.." "Yes, of course. In addition, I would throw a grand banquet in your honor." Jack and Eli exchanged glances. "Wow, miss. Well, we would certainly accept this offer." "So when will it be held?" "It will be held 2 days later." "Ok, thank you. I guess we will pardon you now. Bye." "Goodbye, my dears."

Eli and Jack both felt relieved that the plan was going well. They rushed back to tell the others about the good news. As they arrived, Emily, Joseph and Aesop were waiting for them. "So how did it go?" Joseph asked excitingly. "It went well. Exactly how you wanted it to go." He beamed with pride. "What did the she say?" "She said that there will be a banquet thrown in our honor. It will be held 2 days later."

"Alright, let's get ready for that day. Come on, love. I want to discuss something with you." "Ok, babe." They both held hands while walking to the hunters' manor. "Now that's true love~" Emily said while sighing. I bet we would be like this too. Jack thought. Eli just sighed. "Welp that's a happy ending." Then they went back to their side of the manor.

Joseph and Aesop arrived at his room. Aesop closed the door and said, "So what do you want to discuss about?" "I want to discuss about our clothing." "We both have matching clothing though... which one do you want?" "Since it is a banquet, I would suggest both of us wear our A tier skins." "Like your Moonlight Gentleman and my Trickster?" "Yeah, that will look good." They both laughed and talked all day until it was time for him to go.

"Hey look, it is almost 6pm. I think you should return and get ready for the next day." Aesop frowned. "But I want to stay with you... when you comb my hair, it makes me sleep easier." "Fine then how about your pjs?" "I will borrow yours! You have something comfortable right?" "Not really... other than this sweater Michiko made for me and this hoodie." "Then I will take this sweater. Ooh it is white! And turtle neck too" "She didn't have any other colour yarn because she used it for tryouts." "It is comfy. Can I have it?" "No, look it is much bigger than you."

"Fine.." "You know what? I will ask her to make one for you too. Same as mine." "Really?!" Joseph nodded. "Ok, let's go to bed~" Both of them settled on the bed and slept.

The day of the banquet,

Everyone was present, wearing their A or S tier outfits. The Host asked Eli to be in-charge of the guests. He directed everyone to their seats at the table. Joseph came in after everyone was present. He looked at Eli and said, "So when are you going to proceed with the next step of the plan?" "Soon, sir. Together with ripper, I suppose." He smiled at him as he took his seat at the table.

Jack stood up from his seat while gently hitting the wine glass with a knife. "Well looks like everybody is here. Today we are here to celebrate our honor on behalf of The Host who will be coming in soon." As soon as he finished, The Host came in wearing a elegant blue dress with sliver lining. "Well, I have made things clear. For whoever breaks the rules will be punished. Jack and Eli both have taught two people in this room a lesson. And now it has been settled, let's all feast on the banquet!" Rows and rows of dishes were lined up in front of them. They all dug in immediately.

The Host, Jack and Eli were talking casually until one of them spoke up. "Miss, I would like to tell you something." "Yes dear. What is it?" "Well, I noticed something hidden beside your office door. Care to tell?" The Host went pale. "W-What do you mean, Eli dear? I noticed nothing beside my door." "Before I went out the office, I saw a nicely decorated board. I made sure you weren't looking so I took a peek. Apparently, that on the board, are the rules for the hunters' and survivors' respectively. And another thing..."

Jack continued. "There was another rule stated below the other rules. It said 'Survivors and hunters are allowed to choose their own leader if they are not satisfied with the current leader.' Which is you, I suppose." The Host placed down her utensils. "Excuse me.." Jack smirked and tied her to the chair. "H-Hey!! What do you think you are doing?!" "Looks like someone needs rescuing." She lowered her head in embaressment. "We, however have chosen our new leaders. One for each side."

Eli then shouted. "Hey everyone! Our time has come! We need votes to see whether to keep her as the Host or not!!" Everyone turned their head towards her. "Well, those in agreement to keep her, raise your hand." None did. She cried a little. "Those who object keeping her?" Everyone's hand rose. "Well well, looks like we have the results. Sorry, you have to pack your things and leave this place at once after the banquet."

"Now we shall announce who are our new leaders." Jack said. "For the survivors', they had chosen Embalmer and Doctor to be their leaders. Embalmer will be the head." Aesop eyes widened. "W-What?! Me?!" "Yes, they realised that you are strong and willing to fight for what you want." He smiled and responded, "Thank you!!" "As for the hunters, Joseph and Michiko will be leading. And Joseph will be head." "Wait wait wait, hold up, wait a minute. Why me?" "Because you and him are both willing to fight for what is right. If we chose another, I don't think he would be able to lead." Joseph smiled.

The Host who was still tied to the chair, was in pain and sorrow. Everyone in the room was done of the tortures she had given them. After the banquet, The Host had packed all her things, said goodbye and left the manor for good. Joseph and Aesop were happy that they are finally together in peace.