Surprise! (Chapter 8)

I hope we can make up.

Joseph's View

I woke up despite the fact that I had cried during the night. Luckily no one heard me. I then heard someone else's breathing. Who is here with me?

I turned around to find someone's long grey hair, speaded on my pillow. It's Aesop. He came back to me. But how did he get in? I locked my door.

Then I found a lockpick on my side table. He used it and risked everything.

He is sleeping soundly on my bed and at the same time, tugging onto my pjs. I hugged him. He suddenly woke up.

"Morning, Jos..." He then saw my red face and cried. "I-I am s-sorry for leaving you, I didnt know what came over me. I-"

"It is ok. I am sorry for making you insecure. You just reflect the image of my brother."

He hugged me tight. I kissed his forehead and said "I know you still love me. Is that why you risked coming here?"

"Y-Yes...I didn't want to leave you." He then brought himself closer to me and said "I want a good morning kiss from you."

"Didn't I gave it to you already?" "No, that doesn't count. I want it here." He pointed to his lips.

"Ok, after that you have to go back to the survivors' manor. They might be worried why you left." He nodded and we kissed.

I let him through the manor. Luckily no one was up yet except for Michiko who always goes for a morning jog outside. As we arrived at the door, I told him to stay close to me as a hunter was nearby. He nodded and clutched onto my shirt.

Michiko saw me and waved. "Hey Jos! Why are you up so early?" I placed my finger to my lips. "Shh, Michiko. He is here."

"Who is?" I revealed Aesop who was tugging hard onto my shirt. "Oh, hey.... by the way Jos, we need to talk about this." "Ok, after I get him back."

Aesop was whimpering. "J-Jos, will Geisha tell on us?" "I don't think she will because she was the one who snuck you here last time."

"Ok" I let go of him as he entered the survivors' manor. Then I turned back to see Michiko, waiting at the garden bench. "Michiko, I-"

"Save it Jos. I didn't know both of you were this close. The embalmer just arrived here not long ago and he already likes someone who is a hunter."

I sighed. "I guess the rules don't apply to everyone. I can't leave, Michi. I just can't!" Tears had flown out of my eyes. "Joseph, I- *sighs* if the host finds out then you both are screwed!"

"I know that is the problem. If there is a way for this rule to be erased then I would take that chance." "But there isn't, right?" Michiko stared at me with doubt. "How about this? I will keep your relationship a secret under two conditions."

My ears perked up when I heard this. "What is it?" "During matches, you are not allowed to spare him. And two, you two can have sleepovers under my supervision."

I stared at her. I can't spare him. But for the sake of our relationship, I will accept these conditions. "Ok, Michiko. But if we want to do something privately then-" "Cut the crap, Jos. I ain't gonna install any cams in the room. I am just gonna see how often he visits. If it is too often, I might have to cut it short."

"Alright fine. It is a done deal." We both shook hands and went back to the manor.

Aesop's View

As I went back to the manor, I quietly snuck into the living room to go back to my room. I didn't realized that Emily was already up.

"Aesop Carl! Where have you been?! I have been looking all over for you."

"Nowhere, I just went to toliet."

"Huh? I guess I haven't checked there yet. When you aren't in the sickbay, I suspected you went to the hunters' side, did you?"

I gulped. "N-No Emily. I didn't go there." "Oh good. Well just lemme check you up and you can get changed." I nodded. Thank God she didn't ask further.

I followed Emily for a check-up and left for my room. As I entered my room, I saw Naib, Eli and Martha, sitting on my bed. "AESOP! OH THERE YOU ARE BRO! I WOULD'VE RISKED MYSELF JUST TO GO TO THE HUNTERS' JUST TO FIND YOUR ASS!" Naib shouted.

"I mean it isn't that bad. Look I am still in one piece." "I did send Popo to look for you but she came back, unsuccessfully. Where were you?" I took a step back. "I-I just went to toliet." Martha looked at me with suspicion.

"You sure about that, Carl? You seem awfully weird, I mean you are already quiet but-" I covered her mouth. "Ok ok, enough with your questions. Just get out of my room. I want some alone time." Naib and Eli looked at me with doubt.

"Look buddy, I don't think there is nothing wrong. There's something wrong. What's going on?" I looked down. "J-Just get o-out from my r-room.... please.." Three of them just stared at me. Then they quietly went out from my room.

"Just call us whenever you are ok." Martha said before she went out. I nodded. She then closed the door.

I sighed and looked out from my window. When can we just be together in peace?

While thinking about it, I went for a shower. I knew that I was breaking the rules but whatever happens he and I will be together. Forever.

After I was finished, I went and opened my cupboard. There I saw a note lying on the floor.

The note read,
Dear Aesop,
I hope you don't mind me placing my camera here. I realized that the others wouldn't know if I used my camera to enter your room. So I managed to place one in your room. Hope you come and visit.

Joseph

I was stunned. As I rummaged around my cupboard, I finally found the camera. It was quite big and old-schooled. But deep down, I knew there was some kind of power hidden in there.

I took it out. As curious as I was, I explored the camera and found the button. I pressed it and it took a picture. At the same time, I realized that I wasn't changed into my clothes, just my towel hanging around my waist.

I laughed at myself and got changed. Then I took my make-up box and went into the photo world.