Chapter 17

"Mom, can I bring my friend back home with me? He needs a job, and he is an orphan, he doesn't have anywhere else to go." Kimmon was calling his mother while Copter was already sleeping. It was the night before they were supposed to go back home, to his hometown. It was up in the north, Chiang Rai.

"What kind of jobs that he can do here at our farm? He must be a graduate just like you." His mother who was just about to sleep had to postpone for a while when his only son that was interested to study calling her. He was the wildest and hardest to control though.

"He was good with anything. Besides, he had a baby to take care of, at least we have Freya to help him with that. I was thinking of letting him help P'Wutt. P'Wutt was always complaining wasn't he?"

His mother was silent upon hearing a baby involve. She could smell there was more to it. "What about the baby? Is this the friend you were talking about? That you always ask me how to take care of a person after giving birth? Is she your girlfriend, Kimmon? Why would you let a woman helping your P'Wutt? It was a heavy job for a woman. And why don't you talk about marriage instead of a job?"

His mother was hissing on the phone to avoid talking out loud since it was already late at night. She could hear Kimmon's sigh at the other line.

"Mom, I will tell you the truth, but you have to promise me, you need to keep this a secret. The reason I want you to know this because I hope you will care about his condition since you know best."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Prichaya Warodom, Kimmon's mother was putting the tray on the tea table in front of the couch they were seating on. Warun Warodom, was sitting beside her with Kimmon and Copter opposite to them both, while Wuttichai was seating on the single couch at the other side of the table. It was in the evening the second day they were in the village.

"Kimmon, we've been discussed about our farm and now, that you quit your job, we hope you can stay here, helping us with the farm. We had a few problems when we want to keep on supplied to our usual supermarket in the town. Since we were just registered the company without really running the company, their new management was questioning our vegetables and fruits a lot. There were a lot of requirements that we couldn't fulfill that in the end, we could only supply to the store in the market. It wasn't a lot, but they too had their regular supplier, so it makes things harder.

In our family, only you are the one with the education, and now we have Copter with us, I hope both of you could handle on that part so that our farm could be a proper farm company that could supply our vegetables and fruits without any problem. Could you both help us with that?"

Warun was watching his son's expression and his friend's expression and was waiting for their response before he clears his throat and continues, "And, besides, I don't want to wait for you anxiously thinking that one day you will appear with a girl and a baby, just like I thought yesterday. You live your life so wild like that, that it scares me."

Wuttichai was laughing at that, and Copter was giggling. Prichaya would just shake her head. "Dad, you will be happy anyway, since you were asked me to get married every single day, just to have a grandkid."

"Stop, we have things to discuss here." Prichaya words were like a command in this house, and Copter could tell that much. And the sudden silence from Warun and Wuttichai had proven that. But then, Prichaya would be focused back on Kimmon who seems to don't really engage in his brother's words just now.

"I think we could handle it just fine. You were used to working at the mall and supermarket, don't you, Cop?" Copter then turned to Kimmon. "Yes, but unfortunately I wasn't involved much in the management side. But still, I had helped my supervisor's on checking the supplies and I deal with all the documents when he had problems or emergency. I think that could help."

"Don't worry, mom, and dad. I will be looking at it and I'll let Copter help me. But since Copter wasn't really known much about farming and all, can I ask at much 3 months to settle things?"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"All we have to do is for you to looking around at all the processes involved and study all the documents. But we will do it slowly, one step at the time, since your stomach wasn't fully healed yet. Elena had told me, at least, for 6 months you couldn't do heavy work. So, you will be stuck here in the office with the documents, and we'll make round once a day is enough, okay?"

They were both in the office that Warun build. It was just a small building beside their house which only have a desktop and a printer. "Are you doing all this for me, Kim? How much more did I impose on you and your family?" Copter was asking while looking down at the document on the desk.

He was missing his Kittee already, which Freya had agreed to be a babysitter, much to her delight. She loves babysitting then helping her parents on the farm.

Kimmon was seating opposite to Copter at the other side of the office table. "They were hoping I would take business courses so that I could handle this farm in a proper business way since all they knew and experts in was farming. That's why I took business as my minor courses since I love engineering originally. But I understand my own situation which I couldn't be selfish more. I'm the only one who my parents could depend on this kind of thing. So, working at the factory was some kind of rebellious things for me, before I settle down in here. I couldn't say it wasn't for you, but it wasn't entirely for you either, if you know what I mean."

"Whatever it is, I want you to know how thankful I am to you and your family. It was the first for me, to feel like having a family. It was great, though sometimes annoying, but that was all about being a family, right?"

"You don't have to think much about it, Cop. Just enjoy living here, with your son. You and your son be happy is all I need. Only then I can chase after Elena properly." Said Kimmon while grinning ear to ear.

"What?!" Copter was laughing. Elena sure is a beauty, and kind and very soft-spoken too. At times, she could be grumpy, but she was really a caring person, at least to Copter. But he never thought Kimmon would fall for her.

"Are you for real, or just playing around? If it the latter, I'm warning you, don't." Copter was reprimand Kimmon in a very serious tone. Well, he was serious. That girl was like a sister to him, so he never wished something bad happened to her.

"I don't know how to say this, Copter. I've never been serious in any relationship I had, that's why I prefer a one night stand. But with her, I felt comfortable to be beside her, and I wished she would always be beside me. When it comes to her, I wasn't thinking about sex, but her being in my side. We could talk about anything and everything. Am I weird?"

Copter was smiling watching how Kimmon talking about Elena with a smile on his face. "Then do it properly. I wish you all the best." Is all Copter had said.

End of Chapter 17