Chapter 26

"Daddy, why uncle Tee never comes visits us? You said, he was a very good friend and was a very important person in our life?" Kittee was asking Copter using his signal language while showing Tee's pictures that was on their bedside table. They were currently lying on the bed, cuddling just about to sleep after coming back from the date.

After having their early dinner at their date, Copter then brought Kittee to a park to spend time playing with other children. He could see some of the children were having problem communicating with him, but as innocently as they were, they still could play along together making Copter smiled while watching them.

While watching them played, he remembered how the school was reluctantly accepting Kittee to be in their school next year. He had to bring Kittee to show them that Kittee would be able to communicate well with the teacher since he could write and read at early age. Though he couldn't say the same with numbers, but Kittee was good in drawing and writing.

This is a small town, and they didn't have a special school for student like Kittee. So, he had to make sure Kittee had ready enough to be school in a normal school.

"He lives far away, so it was hard for him to visit us, and he was busy too. Don't worry, one day you will meet him, Kittee. I'm sure of that. Let me read your favorite story so that you can sleep, okay?" Kittee was nodding eagerly to that while smiling to his daddy and Copter would just laughing a little seeing his son's action while opening the book.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Have you had a good day?" asked his mother.

Yes, the boy had had a very good day.

"And have you learned anything?" asked his father.

"Yes!" said the boy. "I have learned that our house has windows of gold and diamond."

Seeing the sleeping Kittee in his arms, Copter then closing the book he read for Kittee and putting it on the bedside table. He kissed Kittee's forehead before fixing Kittee's sleep position and he was standing up after he was watching Kittee some more. He walks out of the room, closing the room's door behind him ever slowly so that he wouldn't interrupt Kittee's sleep. He was a light sleeper by the way.

Instead of heading to his room, Copter was heading to the kitchen, make himself a cup of coffee before he took a seat in the little garden he made behind his house. Watching the sky up ahead, full with stars with no moon, he took in deep breath.

Lately, Kittee's question on Tee was very frequent, and it gets harder and harder each time just to answer him. He knew he wanted Kittee to know the existence of Tee in their life, but he wasn't sure if Kittee would ever meet Tee. He might have already married to Bas, and he might have been long forgotten.

It was harder for him too. The long separation doesn't even giving him any effect. It felt all the same. His feelings right now, and how he felt when he first leaves Tee to live with Elena, was still the same. He still thought even being one-sided love with him was all better, as long as he could see his face every single day. Even though he did see his pictures, it was never be the same and the longing feelings he had could never dies down, biting his heart each and every time.

He couldn't tell Kittee the truth of his father, since it would confuse his young minds. Copter had decided that he still will tell him the nature of his birth later, but not now, though. When he could understand things better, at that time, he will.

While Copter was just watching the sky, enjoy the night breeze on his face, his phone was vibrating. He was always making sure to put his phone on silence whenever he was going to put Kittee to sleep, worried it will ring while doing it. Kittee will have the bad mood and was hard to get to sleep again if ever his sleep was disturbed. He didn't want to experience it the second time.

Seeing the caller id, he was smiling. "What's up? How is everything?" Copter would talk right away once he answered the call. "Tiring, thanks for asking." Hearing Kimmon's answer, Copter couldn't help but to laugh.

"We were just finished having dinner with Elena's family, and those aunties.....ugh, makes me regret of how sweet and handsome my face is." Copter's laughing got louder, but still, he was sticking his tongue out and rolling his eyes, though Kimmon couldn't see.

"Blergh.... I'm glad everything seems fine for you. What about her dad? Did they get along well? And you?" Copter remembers the first time Elena was telling about her dad, which according to her was a cold hearted man with no expression. Though he couldn't really understand how such man can run a big hospital. He and Kimmon thought it might be because she had argument with her dad that she was saying things like that, until Kimmon himself meet him in person.

Shock was understatement, when Kimmon felt that guy was worst than what Elena had been telling them. It was a scary moment to Kimmon yet at the same time, hearing the story from Kimmon, it still sounded funny than necessary. Copter was laughing to that too.

"Still the same. Luckily the other family members were friendly that could save me and my day. Anyway, Cop....." Copter was frowning hearing Kimmon who was trailed in his words. "What?" Kimmon was biting his lips before continue talking and taking a little bit more seconds before he continues.

"I met Tae. He was having dinner with his colleague at the same restaurant as ours, I stumble with him in men's room." Copter was quiet hearing Tae's name. Well, that was unexpected, but since Kimmon was in Bangkok, so it wasn't impossible for him to meet them coincidentally, right, though Bangkok was actually a big city.

"We talked a little, not so much since we both doesn't have the time, but I managed to give him my invitation card. I gave him extra, for Tee too, but he said, they were not seeing each other for years now, so, maybe Tee wouldn't get the card."

Kimmon was silent for awhile, waiting for a response, or any response from Copter. "Either way, he still one of your friend, of course, you should invite him for your wedding. Don't worry, Kim, I'm fine with it. Don't worry about me." Copter was trying to smile saying this, but he knew it was hard. So, all he could do was making sure his tears wouldn't fall, biting hard on his lower lips so that his voice wouldn't crack, at least.

"But the possibility he wouldn't receive it might be high, Cop, since they were not talking at all during these years. Don't worry too much, Cop." Hearing Kimmon was trying so hard to ease his worried, Copter was smiling. "You should be the one need not to worry too much. Don't forget to say hi to Elena for me. I'll be there with everyone next week."

End of Chapter 26